• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 'new' JATCC graduate....

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
insideinfoman said:
Personally I love most Air Traffickers and Ops People. I have met and worked with good and bad on both sides (OK maybe more bad on the ATC side but who's counting)

Another pop???

Anyone like my new "be nice to everyone" new years resolution?

I

insideinfoman

No not at all, I meant what I said, think we ALL need to work together in harmony. The trade has been to bitter for to many a year

Y

You Can Call Me Al

Fer Cryin Out Loud!

Fer Cryin Out Loud!

Talk about Hijacking a thread! Certain individuals need to re-examine the topic this is supposed to be addressing; ie, is CATCS producing the right stuff? Chopped/not interested/incapable is not what this is about.
I have met and worked with good and bad on both sides (OK maybe more bad on the ATC side but who's counting)
- TART!

It's no wonder that the divide is perpetuated (oh good grief - deja vu!)

SirSalty, it's not often we agree! (It's got to stop, my rep will be irrevocably damaged)
:p

I

insideinfoman

Thanks, always have been a Tart. So no change there then!!!!

Better a Tart then an A#se

;) :cool:

H

HilstonPols

(OK maybe more bad on the ATC side but who's counting)

Fishing? :D

Chip on a shoulder? :(

We are all entitled to our opinion of course but as the thread was a discussion about the quality of the CATCS product then perhaps not the ideal forum for this comment.

Better a Tart then an A#se

anyone in particular or just generally anyone who disagrees with you?

Anyone like my new "be nice to everyone" new years resolution?

in that case, I didn't get the Ferrari I ordered from Santa. If you can't afford that then my car needs a wash:p

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I would like to publicly state that I am not bitter or twisted at all about failing JATCC!!!! It was a good experience and I don't envy those at all that look down radar tubes. What I don't like is people that don't know me saying that I am bitter and twisted, who then has the chip on the shoulder? ;) :rolleyes:

Anyway......surely there are more inportants things afoot...........:eek:

H

HilstonPols

Who said you had a Chip on your shoulder? I must have missed that!

I

insideinfoman

No I was just saying that I'd rather be a Tart than an A#se.

And no I try to be nice to everyone, no point in be nasty or horrible to anyone, it's just not worth the hassle. Everybody has good points so I try and focus on them insead of the bad side of the person.

I have Chips on both sholders, it makes me a well balanced person.

Chip about not validating as a controller? Nope! :D

Chip about the way I was treated while under training at the unit? :mad: Now thats a different matter! But I would like to think that things have changed out there now and people wouldn't be treated the way I was!

As FOMz says there are more important things afoot..............

Y

You Can Call Me Al

Inside thingy: (post 89)
Here Here, because believe me failed or chopped at unit level, in the end the best thing that ever happened to me was NOT controlling.
The best thing that happened to YOU? I heard the aircrew were quite chuffed!
:D

I

insideinfoman

My that is cutting! Must have taken you all day to think of that!!! :p :p

But it doesn't hurt, so if you know the aircrew you must know what unit I was at so do tell!! :D

R

Retard Retard

Oh grief........YCCMA & Insideinfoman are at it again!:(

The only way to sort these two out is a fight behind the CATCS bike shed!

'Standards' can come along as a Cheerleader and 'The Fat Controller' can be Ref.

PS. Handbags are 'highly encouraged'.

Y

You Can Call Me Al

CATCS Bike Shed?

CATCS Bike Shed?

Why the CATCS bike shed - I want it on MY home turf; 'tis only fair for a man of my advancing years! Gotta say though, the concept of the cheerleader is intriguing - may one enquire as to whether said 'Standards' is of the lumpy persuasion? (Not that it would matter of course - male, female, indeterminate, all OK these days; or is that the subject for a new thread?)
:eek:

Last edited:
D

DET1

I believe the RAF must think that fast trackers are wonderful. Believe that Lyneham had a fast tracker 3 weeks out of JATCC as Guard Commander over the Xmas period. 14 junior ranks (lots of Movers) to manage, most of whom had been in longer than him. To be fair, I believe he did an excellent job, however how much experience did he have, what is he, an 'acting Sgt who has done the Cpl's course who has been in 5 years. Someone somewhere is taking the pee.