• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Future Accommodation Model

Ronsuddes

SAC
I can see it now, the NEM / FAM has come to fruition ...

SAC Bloggs lives with his partner and family in their own home 35 miles from camp.

08-00 Bloggs phones the squadron to tell the Chief that he has got a bad back and won't be in today.

The Chief tells him that he needs a sick note.

Bloggs replies that he will contact his doctor's surgery when they open at 09-00

Surgery reception tells Bloggs that he can have an appointment to see the doctor in 8 days time and he will need to self certify in the meantime.

Bloggs phones the Chief and explains the situation.

What does the Chief do?

If there is a strong suspicion of malingering the nearest MO will be asked to pay a visit.

4everAD

Sergeant
Well that's my tuppence worth completed. The final comments bit turned into a bit of a novel! Certainly no chance of "silence being taken as satisfaction" on my behalf.

wally375

Corporal
Can't even access it! Several of us in the office tried but get knocked back saying we're not included in their quota.

I contacted them and they said there was a problems but don't know how to fix it!

Oh well, there has been a tick in a box somewhere.

Awaiting a call from the Internet Police now.

wally375

Corporal
Future Accommodation Model (FAM) sURVEY 2016

Future Accommodation Model (FAM) sURVEY 2016

Anyone acutally allowed to complete this that has been in the RAF over 2 years? No one in my office is 'allowed' to complete this.

Toggle navigation Future Accommodation Model (FAM) Survey 2016 Load unfinished surveyExit and clear survey
This is a controlled survey. You need a valid token to participate.

We are sorry but you are not allowed to enter this survey.

For further information please contact Future Accommodation Model Policy Team (People-Accommodation-FAMSurvey@mod.uk)

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Anyone acutally allowed to complete this that has been in the RAF over 2 years? No one in my office is 'allowed' to complete this.

Toggle navigation Future Accommodation Model (FAM) Survey 2016 Load unfinished surveyExit and clear survey
This is a controlled survey. You need a valid token to participate.

We are sorry but you are not allowed to enter this survey.

For further information please contact Future Accommodation Model Policy Team (People-Accommodation-FAMSurvey@mod.uk)

I got that - think you enter your Service Number - and yes, been in over 2 years

Minimum 3 year posting is at odds with this change.

Minimum 3 year posting is at odds with this change.

I have managed to complete the survey. If you have a service number that begins with a letter try using a capital, it was the only way it would work for me!

On paper it looks appealing, however after the PAYD disappointment I am not convinced this is the way forward. Unless you have property for rent near MOD camps then you could be quids in! You only have to look at the rental prices at Brize to see the locals have cashed in on the lack of MOD housing.

I would not have liked to be a singly on 1st post with this in place, I imagine it will ruin what sense of community we have left, isolating families from support measures and increasing the mental health problems face by some.
But if you are in you last 5 years of service it would be a god send, £2000 per year towards your mortgage!

If MOD are going to help people buy their own home near camps They need to have a rethink of the 3 year minimum post rule. Most families will cope with 18 months apart but a minimum of 3 years is a long time! So families are less likely to use the married unaccompanied option, and will rent their house out and rent at a discounted rate through MOD at the new camp. So it could easily be a cost saving measure which doesn't save money at all!!!

And the results of the survey are out;

Future Accommodation Model 2016 Main Report

Seems like if you say to someone "Would you rather pay market rate for SFA, or pay the same for your own house?", most people want to own their own house! Who'd have thought!?

Thoroughly depressing reading. That's the green light they were after, wave goodbye to SFA as we know it.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
'They' want you to buy near to where one of you came from then have the servicemen be at his posting during the week (travelling at his own expense, living in a mess (at his own expense) and getting rid of the duty of care on things like crèches, Hive's, Wives Clubs whilst ensuring when the other halfs do have a melt down whilst you're on det there will be family and friends to deal with it rather than a station born solution.

4everAD

Sergeant
I joined the military for some of the following reasons:
  • Good pay
  • Always have a roof over my head
  • Pension
  • Training
  • Sense of belonging
Bit by bit all of these have been eroded in one way or all other.

It's not just the block or the qtr now

It's not just the block or the qtr now

I've heard this a little too recently, and yet again this week.

LSA has it's head in the blocks, with a cica 50% reduction on the horizon. I don't believe it, but it keeps being raised by those that know better.
LSA is for those that do their stuff away from home, but I can't help but feel that it is nobody but a coward that would entertain such a divisive cut becuase someone with a calculator say so.
Any others hearing this sh1t?

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
And the results of the survey are out;

Future Accommodation Model 2016 Main Report

Seems like if you say to someone "Would you rather pay market rate for SFA, or pay the same for your own house?", most people want to own their own house! Who'd have thought!?

Thoroughly depressing reading. That's the green light they were after, wave goodbye to SFA as we know it.

Read a bit of that but it made my eyes bleed. Money saver, but I'll bet the air ranks still keep their chefs, stewards, beer (entertainment) allowance etc etc. Beats me what the incentive is to stay in anymore..

4everAD

Sergeant
I'm sure MOD don't mind these headlines, all helps to push people to accept the FAM. Can't help but feel we're all being played.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It just struck me that in the early 90's I read articles about how lack of investment by the Kremlin caused Russian sailors accommodation to become almost uninhabitable with a lack of heating, hot water and power. It's not got as bad as their lot yet as we haven't parked a Kirov nuclear powered cruiser on a quay next to the accommodation them run power cables from on-board power supplies to the blocks nor collecting nettles for soup outside the base gates but we are on a slippy incline towards our own version...