• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Terminal Resettlement Grant

I'm due to leave the RAF on 2nd dec this year after 12 years service. I know I will be getting the terminal resettlement grant. I don't know how long after my exit it will be paid to me. Any one got any ideas? I rang HR at my old unit, I was told to ring SPVA, they were about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

I have always thought it was the pay-day after your exit date.

I've no idea why I think that, or indeed whether or not it is accurate in the slightest.

So in summary, I've been fcuk all use to you at all!

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
I'm due to leave the RAF on 2nd dec this year after 12 years service. I know I will be getting the terminal resettlement grant. I don't know how long after my exit it will be paid to me. Any one got any ideas? I rang HR at my old unit, I was told to ring SPVA, they were about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Ithink it was something like 31 days after your end date, or around about that.

pomp101

LAC
While having my 'interview' with my discharge clerk i was told that it can take up to 30 days to hit your bank :S

Ex-Splitter and Proud

Flight Sergeant
Do you actually mean "terminal resettlement grant"?? I thought there were two separate things, terminal grant and resettlement grant. :pDT_Xtremez_35:
It might be helpful to clarify what you mean for the benefit of the shiney sorts that abound in the forum (who might be able to offer better advice/guidance).

I'm assuming you mean terminal grant - and not Individual Resettlement Training Costs (IRTC) Grant... which should have been available during your resettlement period before discharge.:pDT_Xtremez_15:

Through the wonders of internet banking, I spotted my terminal grant in my account before midnight the night before I officially left.... But that was 7 years ago, under AFPS 75, so I don't know if there have been any changes since then.

Hope this helps!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Last edited:
Do you actually mean "terminal resettlement grant"?? I thought there were two separate things, terminal grant and resettlement grant. :pDT_Xtremez_35:
It might be helpful to clarify what you mean for the benefit of the shiney sorts that abound in the forum (who might be able to offer better advice/guidance).

I'm assuming you mean terminal grant - and not Individual Resettlement Training Costs (IRTC) Grant... which should have been available during your resettlement period before discharge.:pDT_Xtremez_15:

Through the wonders of internet banking, I spotted my terminal grant in my account before midnight the night before I officially left.... But that was 7 years ago, under AFPS 75, so I don't know if there have been any changes since then.

Hope this helps!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

It is the terminal grant but it is officially the terminal resettlement grant as it is supposed to be used to help you resettle into civilian life eg deposit for a house etc etc.

S

soon2bCivi

I got my lump sum payment from med discharge (pension lump sum) last month about 5 days after I left, worked out about 3 working days.

Hope this gives some kind of indication. I know it's not the same thing but I'm guessing it all comes from the same people.

Thanks, as with most things RAF, there does not seem to be any logical pattern. Some people say 3-5 days, others 3-5 weeks. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

KingGuin

Sergeant
Thanks, as with most things RAF, there does not seem to be any logical pattern. Some people say 3-5 days, others 3-5 weeks. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

The official answer is upto 30 days from date of exit. In reality you should get it much quicker but the silly timescale is an SPVA Civy ar*e cover - hence the disparity in Goater's experience. Ensure you complete everything the PD clerk puts in front of you and, if you are an uber cynic, insist on seeing the checksheet the clerk is working from. Any decent shiny should ask you to sign the checksheet anyway to ensure you are content with what you have been told. Good luck.

I signed all the pension stuff etc months ago, our discharge clerk is quite switched on and had a stack of forms for me to fill in before I buggered off on leave.

Chilliboy

SAC
The official answer is upto 30 days from date of exit. In reality you should get it much quicker but the silly timescale is an SPVA Civy ar*e cover - hence the disparity in Goater's experience. Ensure you complete everything the PD clerk puts in front of you and, if you are an uber cynic, insist on seeing the checksheet the clerk is working from. Any decent shiny should ask you to sign the checksheet anyway to ensure you are content with what you have been told. Good luck.

I was quoted 'within 30 days' and got it within a week so I think you will probably get it sooner rather than later but there is a chance that it may take a bit longer.

Rosco151

LAC
Gonna pop my head up here, at the risk of necropost flames, what do we actually get for our Grant? I'll bet it changes from one pay band to another and depends on your increment and such, just wondered about a ballpark figure...

Let's say I've done 12 years, and I'm a high pay band Cpl on increment 7?

Do we get much other assistance / financial help?

Also, I believe we get a separate amount from our pension, what kind of amount are we talking there? I'm on AFPS75.

spanners

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Try googling 'armed forces pension calculator' and try the 1st link, that should help.
:pDT_Xtremez_30: