• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So what do we reckon for Tg17?

raflad67

Corporal
Raflad67, every allowance, and I mean EVERY allowance, is being looked at. There will be defo compulsory redundancies. There was a great handout with different redundancy permutations for the different Pension schemes. Oh, and possibly a new Pension scheme on the horizon.

Oh is that it? Thought it was something important....:pDT_Xtremez_42:

D

Donald Rumsfeld

They could half the ops trade. Bum off most of the jobs to the aircrew (like they do in CHF etc) that would save a boat load considering most of them are officers as well.

Apparent that you know what TG9 does, what are you again - Kennel Maid ?

KingGuin

Sergeant
Just had a brief from a grown up. My money is firmly on, the trade as a whole, being relatively intact.

B

busbyboy

Aaaa

Aaaa

Just had a brief from a grown up. My money is firmly on, the trade as a whole, being relatively intact.

KG, as a fully paid up member of the AAAA (me - not you, and it's nothing to do with alcohol), I am disappointed...!

KG,

I'm not dissappointed but a little surprised - the trade left intact when such a massive cut to the RAF? - how can that be?

A reported 4 stations will close - at a minimum thats 8x WO, 12 x FS, 36 x Sgt, 36 x Cpl % 60 x SAC...not to mention the loss at Manning - surely this cannot be achieved thru natural wastage. If it can be....what about the knock on effect to promotion - flashbacks to the 90s!

I am now concerned - why will the trade be untouched??????? did your grown up explain or is it opinion?

ForgottenName

Trekkie Nerd
KG,

I'm not dissappointed but a little surprised - the trade left intact when such a massive cut to the RAF? - how can that be?

A reported 4 stations will close - at a minimum thats 8x WO, 12 x FS, 36 x Sgt, 36 x Cpl % 60 x SAC...not to mention the loss at Manning - surely this cannot be achieved thru natural wastage. If it can be....what about the knock on effect to promotion - flashbacks to the 90s!

I am now concerned - why will the trade be untouched??????? did your grown up explain or is it opinion?

I think the term is untouched means that there will still be a trade. The losses due to the stations shutting down will be across all trades; in other words, there isn't a targeting of any particular trade.

KingGuin

Sergeant

I was told by the Head of Branch/Trade that it was going to be smaller - therefore I took it as a given.

Interesting, given my grown up works fairly hand in glove with this grown up. That cunningly leads me to suspect that someone is not being particularly truthful. However it is axiomatic that any trade with an FMDL >100% will take a hit.

Climebear

Flight Sergeant
Plus the loss of 5 MOBs (Lyneham, Cottesmore, Kinloss, plus 2 TBD) will result in the loss of 5 MOBs' worth of TG17.

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Off Topic

Rumour I heard from a Mover mate, is that Techies being binned are going to be offer remuster as chock throwers.. Wonder how many would take that!