• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

should rape defendants be given anonymity?

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Having seen firsthand the effect on an airman when falsely accused by a Waaf, I would say yes....

Kryten

Warrant Officer
I always thought that for any crime, it was encumbent on the accusers to prove an individuals guilt, rather than disprove their innocence; sadly for Kevin it appears that there were individuals more interested in getting him banged up...

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Both should be given anonymity, until the verdict - and then the one who lies, get's the full treatment.

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Both should be given anonymity, until the verdict - and then the one who lies, get's the full treatment.

i agree at the moment the accused gets tarred straightaway and in most cases the "victims" identity is kept secret, then when the lie's (as in this case) are exposed one is effectivly tarred for life while the other strolls away without a care in the word.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
i agree at the moment the accused gets tarred straightaway and in most cases the "victims" identity is kept secret, then when the lie's (as in this case) are exposed one is effectivly tarred for life while the other strolls away without a care in the word.

The fact that there are entire organisations dedicated to making sure that rape accusers are protected, whatever the outcome, has opened an entire market up in profitable and newsworthy lying by poor bitter women with nothing better to do.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
should rape defendants be given anonymity?

How about if the defendant is found not guilty and the entire thing was fabricated then the victim should be named and shamed.

Edited because I missed out an important word

Last edited:

Kryten

Warrant Officer
It will be interesting to see if we get "My Story:By Michael Le Vell's Accuser" splashed over the front page of the Sun in days to come....

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Was there anything ever said about how old this girl was when the offences happened and how old is she now.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Was there anything ever said about how old this girl was when the offences happened and how old is she now.

Yes, she was 6 and is now 17. The comments in today's papers suggest that this 'abuse' came to light after a series of contrived circumstances (a weekend spent at a seminar with a woman who just so happened to have been raped as a child) led to the girl revealing all to her mother.
I'm all for sleazy individuals' who abused the awe in which they were held by impressionable young girls, being brought to book. But, knowing the nasty, greedy, opportunistic way a good many people think and behave these days it just seemed so obvious to me that a number of these accusations were bound to be fabricated once the momentum was gained following the Saville case.

lawman

SAC
Bottom line- Jury believed him and not her. Beyond all reasonable doubt in their mind. As mentioned in previous threads, jury service is a thankless task carried out by all walks of society. If new evidence comes up then let's bring it to court, until such time the accuser is a liar and should be outed as such in the same way he was outed as a PEDo. Agree with previous poster, she will now sell her story. I would be minded to advise the Weatherfield 1 to take her to the cleaners if she does.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Bearing in mind that 'not guilty' is not quite the same as "innocent", I think she should be named and shamed, even discretely (this, because of her age).
The girl who cries "Rape" and is shown to be a liar should be pilloried in no uncertain manner, and I reckon the Court should make the necessary orders for compensation to the accused.