• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SDSR15 - Sunday reading

R

RIGHTHANDSPANKER

Hmm, Army needs more bods, how many bods in the Regt? If it happens, I hope they take all their airfield guarding duties with them - don't fancy a big surge in DWRs to cover that little lot!

Glad that the MPA won't be coming to Waddo - there's not enough infrastructure here for those that already live here! We'd have to construct a tent city on the runway (in amongst the construction work).

In fairness it is the army that is guarding the airfield in the Med.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I ain;t buying the Lossie location just yet...Big jets and many little jets all trying to operate and train (circuits) at the same time is a right pain.

Have I read right that HMS Ocean will be going?

I am now starting to buy into Lossie after I've sent and received some emails....what a daft idea when you've got another airbase still open with a vast runway and all the infrastructure you need to run multiple maritime squadrons close-by. The Army wouldn't even need to move out due to there only being 9 MPA...

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
For anyone who wants to watch the SDSR live your an see it at this link from 15:30

30 minutes to go, here is my predictions,

P8 to Waddo
Ocean scrapped to make Price of Wales viable
Halton and Odiham sold off, RTS to Cranwell
9 Sqn Tonkas Disbanded and set up as a Typhoon Sqn
Wittering as 2nd JSF base.

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
After Angus Robertsons response the PM said that he should be happy that Scotland is getting more Typhoons and P8s. Was that a slip of the tongue or is an airfield being re-opened because there is no way Lossie can take a new Sqn of P8s and Typhoons.

4everAD

Sergeant
MOD employed civilians reduced by a third over the life of the parliament! Commitment bonuses for Armed Forces axed! Not all good news.

After Angus Robertsons response the PM said that he should be happy that Scotland is getting more Typhoons and P8s. Was that a slip of the tongue or is an airfield being re-opened because there is no way Lossie can take a new Sqn of P8s and Typhoons.

Really? Relocate TEF and XV(R) and there's easily enough room. I suspect thats what will happen too, how they can justify a now tiny OCU at the end of that supply chain is ridiculous. Do what they did with 56(R) and have it as an annex to one of the Ops sqns. TEF is scheduled to close in April and its workload be consumed by the Sqn's or CMU.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Really? Relocate TEF and XV(R) and there's easily enough room. I suspect thats what will happen too, how they can justify a now tiny OCU at the end of that supply chain is ridiculous. Do what they did with 56(R) and have it as an annex to one of the Ops sqns. TEF is scheduled to close in April and its workload be consumed by the Sqn's or CMU.

TEF has gone already... TASF(N) nowadays. 2 shed will take a lot of upgrade for a shiny airshow Sqn.

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
Relate TASF and 15 Sqn to where though? Is there room at Marham to support them at the moment? Wasn't the plan to move them last year but it got canned due to Tornado life extension. If the Sqn isn't going to be stood up until 2020 then that's fair enough because I doubt that Tornado will be in service by then.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
A chewy one for those still serving.

No more R&R for 6 months OOAs - it's over 182 days now. You pull the straight 6 months now. No idea when this is kicking in though.

TEF has gone already... TASF(N) nowadays. 2 shed will take a lot of upgrade for a shiny airshow Sqn.

You mean much like the other two hangers and HAS site has already had? The timescales suggest this isn't going to be a quick process so I see no issues. As someone who has worked on both XV(R) and TASF(N) in the past myself, and who regularly chats to people still there; they have minimal work to do and what is there could be easily taken up within Marham's infrastructure IMO.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
For now, no reason not to change them all to 6 months if that's the case!

You'd have thought so, yes. Though there's work to be done to provide better better conditions for long timers than, say the Sqn dudes who never do more than 6 weeks and then rotate out.

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
We need to make sure we have the correct manpower as well. At least with 4 months the time someone is out of the workplace is shorter.