• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Scale of defense cuts..

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
It's official, JFH (Joint Force Harrier) is to be binned. We where briefed by Harry today and are all off up to Cottesmore later for a more indepth version. Heavens knows what the drawdown period will be though.

Noticed on Sky News earlier that the DTR (Defence Training Review) is to be **** canned as well although I can't find it on their website.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Weren't you also told to keep it quiet until the announcement later?
We were......

J Y Kelly

Corporal
From the BBC

"Plans for a £14bn defence training programme centred on a training college in South Wales are scrapped by the MoD"

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Does it matter! Im sure the staish wasn't told to make an announcement at 9am

He had no choice seeing as Liam Fox blurted it out on the news this morning.
And yes it does matter, you do as the staish tells you!!!!

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
A member on a hobby site I go on has just posted that Staish at Cottesmore has announced over the station tannoy that all non essential flying is to cease and Cottesmore and Wittering are to close !!!

Who mentioned station names with double letters in them....:pDT_Xtremez_42:

sumps

Sergeant
A member on a hobby site I go on has just posted that Staish at Cottesmore has announced over the station tannoy that all non essential flying is to cease and Cottesmore and Wittering are to close !!!

Are you sure that is correct? We have had the same statement here at a large air base in South Wilts - but it was for the rest of the day whilst announcements are made on the SDSR

J

JBJ90

Just been confirmed where I work, Cott and Witt to cease flying until Friday.......

higher levels stating expected Harrier fleet scrubbed but no official statement as of yet. So rumour has it but still got to wait........

on another vain I see Cameron stupidly allowed the speech to papped outside number ten revealing a overall 6% reduction in defence spending. Might be some light yet as everyone has been saying 7%.

Question is if I'm out of a job where the hell do I go?:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Demoralised Airman with no prospects? Oh yeah.............. Thanks Labour you bunch of dciks......:pDT_Xtremez_32:

M

Mothballed

Are you sure that is correct? We have had the same statement here at a large air base in South Wilts - but it was for the rest of the day whilst announcements are made on the SDSR

Joint Force Harrier is no more.

At least now when they look at cutting personnel there will be plenty of aircrew and their big retention bonuses no longer required, along with many of our excessive Officer Corps!

Or maybe they will just stick it to the Oiks as per usual.

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
At least now when they look at cutting personnel there will be plenty of aircrew and their big retention bonuses no longer required, along with many of our excessive Officer Corps!

Or maybe they will just stick it to the Oiks as per usual.

It's f*****g heartbreaking & makes me so angry that the service I love has/is being cut to the bone! The tw@ts in the previous government should be f****g shot for treason!!

I remember a joke going around when Options was going on in the 90's;

What do you say to an ex-Tornado Navigator?

Can I get fries & a milkshake with that.

J

JBJ90

What twonk let a Navigator be in on the decision making process for which aircraft was more capable.

At least that's the only reason I can see that they chose the more unserviceable, less capable, less flexible and more costly option for our aircraft.

Well done whoever you are and I don't look forward to the day when we get caught short because of this.:pDT_Xtremez_42:

M

Mothballed

Nimrod MR4 binned as well....

But Trident has been ringfenced. So now you have boomers leaving their home ports with no ASW cover. That's as daft as having aircraft carriers with no aircraft............... oh yeah......