• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sausage wars

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Cumberland ...Johnny foreigner can bog off with their imitations and concoctions.

Although I'm very partial to a currywurst and fries mit mayo...:pDT_Xtremez_31:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Agreed you can ram your Johnny Foreigner rubbish up your ricker (and by the sounds of it some of you probably have)...The Cumberland ring is king...

Although I have to say the curry ketchup Wobbly had at his gaff just before Christmas was the D's B's...and even though he claims it was available at Lidl he's a lying gypsy as I can't find it anywhere in the UK so far...

G

grumpyoldb

And what's wrong with the great british black pudding???:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Agreed you can ram your Johnny Foreigner rubbish up your ricker (and by the sounds of it some of you probably have)...The Cumberland ring is king...

Although I have to say the curry ketchup Wobbly had at his gaff just before Christmas was the D's B's...and even though he claims it was available at Lidl he's a lying gypsy as I can't find it anywhere in the UK so far...
Aldi in bridgend had some recently mate :pDT_Xtremez_27:
Oh how I did laugh at Wimpy's when I saw the "big bender in a bun" you couldn't keep a straight face oredring that one !! :pDT_Xtremez_31:

There used to be a butcher in Porth that made his own sausages and ******s both of which were sublime ! :pDT_Xtremez_28:
Of those listed, the Bratty. Accept no substitute :pDT_Xtremez_14:

flintwich

Corporal
Notwithstanding the list, the all time greatest sausage is SQUARE SLICED.
Found some (fresh) in Morrisons down here at the weekend, the Scottish invasion is now complete.

Martin Blank

Sergeant
Notwithstanding the list, the all time greatest sausage is SQUARE SLICED.

Not technically a sausage...purely sausage meat easily achievable by cutting and shaping bought or home made sausage meat into squares and frying.

Sausages come in skins....traditionally sheeps intestine

Cumberland all the way...especially from my Uncles shop they were the best ever.

G

gemarriott

I liked the cloggy Frik specials from the schnelly on Hauptstrasse in Kevelaer best. Though a good bratty takes a lot of beatin.

UK sausages it has to be Harvey's Lincolnshire from the butcher in Conz.

AndyZ

Sergeant
Has to be the Bratty for me, but am partial to the great cumberland too you cant beat the great British taste although there is a butcher in Fairwater Cardiff that does a great Pork n Beef banger which is tops when BBQd

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Does anyone here eat their Cumberland sausage with a dab of marmalade on it?

Toonman

SAC
[
Although I have to say the curry ketchup Wobbly had at his gaff just before Christmas was the D's B's...and even though he claims it was available at Lidl he's a lying gypsy as I can't find it anywhere in the UK so far...[/QUOTE]

There are two versions available from the German Deli in Borough Market or can be ordered online. £3.25 per large bottle.

https://www.germandeli.co.uk/sess/u...ew=26uuml=3Brz+Ketchup=2C+scharf+=28KET201=29

https://www.germandeli.co.uk/sess/u...26uuml=3Brz+Ketchup=2C+extra+hot+=28KET203=29

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
If anybody wants some reminders of Germany like currywurst sauce and the likes, PM me and I will be quite happy to buy it and send it to you. (in return for HP Sauce and PG tips:pDT_Xtremez_28:)

TW