• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Proof of start date....

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I need to prove the date I started in the RAF.....currently still in, and I'm struggling to find a document that has this on it. The people in question won't accept a JPA screenshot.

Any ideas?

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Evening Downsizer.

Got those dates on my Certificate of Service and Testimonial documents.

BUT... maybe early days for those documents if you have just ET'd??!!

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Just guessing you don’t have your F95 handy.

Dont know if the RAF do it but can you request a salary reference for a mortgage on JPA, these normally have dates of employment on them.

Deltaitem

Corporal
It used to be called Personnel Management Centre, based at Innsworth. I've got no idea what it's called now, or where it is, but they will give you some kind of written statement.
Failing that, you could always skive off the squadron and go to Station HQ and ask at what I think used to be called Personnel Support Flight. No idea what it's called now.
I vaguely remember having my attestation certificate, which along with all of that oath of allegiance bollocks, also had that date on it. Any of the above may help.
PS. If you've got bank statements from the time you joined, that will reference an RAF salary.

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Do a freedom of info request and get everything they have on file, it has all your CIO paperwork in there, civvy references the lot. takes a couple of weeks but will be about a ream of paper.

foxOneFive

Corporal
Do a freedom of info request and get everything they have on file, it has all your CIO paperwork in there, civvy references the lot. takes a couple of weeks but will be about a ream of paper.
Totally agree Ady. Well worth it. Fascinating seeing a photo copy of my school headmasters reference on me from 1980. Also the comments from the office where I attested there also.....Never seen them previously. Inbound item really is as thick as an old "yellow pages"

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
When you do your FOI request DONT FORGET to ask for yours and your family’s medical records as well!