• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo Competition

shettie

Flight Sergeant
Where is Dovestones? I like the one in the mist - great photo! Heres another of mine from Shetland:

Attachments

• DSCF2026small.jpg
    DSCF2026small.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 0
A

AceRimmer

Dovestones is in Greenfield, about a 10 minute drive from my home in Stalybridge (Well my original home before the RAF). There is a path which follows the reservoir, and its a good 3.5 miles. Normally takes an hour to walk around, more if you have a little un with you. Paths are really well maintained, so its just a nice easy stroll. Plenty of places to stop and have a picnic/bbq, and some cracking views.

Around the outside of the reservoir, there is a rock formation called the Indians Head. You can walk along this, and all around the ridglines which surround the reservoir, with some spectacular views!. Thats a good days walking, with no pubs until you get to the end! However, the quality of some of the local ale's is superb so you are laughing if you fancy a pint at the end.

So there you go, you now know all about Dovestones :pDT_Xtremez_19:

shettie

Flight Sergeant
Dovestones is in Greenfield, about a 10 minute drive from my home in Stalybridge (Well my original home before the RAF). There is a path which follows the reservoir, and its a good 3.5 miles. Normally takes an hour to walk around, more if you have a little un with you. Paths are really well maintained, so its just a nice easy stroll. Plenty of places to stop and have a picnic/bbq, and some cracking views.

Cracker - somewhere to consider visiting next time I'm up that neck of the woods! - ta

A

AceRimmer

Take your wellies and watch out for the dog poo!

Aye, wellies or walking boots reccomended. Especially during lambing season, the sheep are everywhere. And where there are sheep there is sheep sh1t. So a blanket for a picnic is needed too. Other than that, trainers are fine, especially in the summer.

Edit - Also, make sure you get there before about 11:30, the car park fills up pretty rapidly.

Last edited:

CodeMonkey

Flight Sergeant
Taken in "Casa de Pilotes" in Seville( you might have seen it in that god aweful film Knight and Day
egoat.jpg

Some of my other pics are on Flickr

tats

Sergeant
My old home, Bournemouth beach

58448_428359404035_513659035_4748434_5594767_n.jpg

shettie

Flight Sergeant

Why? is it in danger of flooding...or are you thinking of planting some well needed trees?:pDT_Xtremez_35:

Southern woofter! - I have a pic of trees in Scalloway!!! :pDT_Xtremez_34: (Yes - I was slightly taken aback too!! :) )

shettie

Flight Sergeant
Just for Tats :) - from the MV Hrossey - going north - looking back towards peterhead:

Attachments

• DSCF1940small.jpg
    DSCF1940small.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 0