• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Oh FFS!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Some think Einstein was responsible for this:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

So let's give the arm band to a consistent performer who sets the international standard by peppering the opponents goal making England a team to be feared...

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has been named the new England captain by manager Roy Hodgson.

Hodgson was so out of his depth in Brazil as was his team...and he's still depending upon familiar failures like our Wayne...

G

Gord

Wayne Rooney! The most overpaid, under performing scroat in the country IMO, well if you discount the politicians.

briggfairy

Sergeant
to be honest it was really between him and Hart as they seem to be the only ones gauranteed a starting place, i'm not sure I could even name you englands best XI a the moment and definately not one that would scare anyone (except man utd)

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
to be honest it was really between him and Hart as they seem to be the only ones gauranteed a starting place, i'm not sure I could even name you englands best XI a the moment and definately not one that would scare anyone (except man utd)

I didn't think Rooney actually played a full game in the last world cup did he?

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
The probelm with Rooney. The problem with 95% of English footballers.

They're thick as phuck .

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So who would all you armchair pundits given it to?

G

Gord

I would tend to name the striker in the Canadian women's football team, if she was eligible.(if I could remember it right now but I seem to be having a sometimers moment.) Oh yes, Christine Sinclair, the captain of the Canadian team in the Olympics. As a matter of fact I reckon that team would beat just about any side England could put forward judging by England's performance at this years World Cup.

briggfairy

Sergeant
Personally i'd have gone with hart, he seems to communicate well, pretty much going to be an ever present and can see the whole game in front of him, other than that maybe sturridge but for some reason I don't like strikers as captain

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Personally i'd have gone with hart, he seems to communicate well, pretty much going to be an ever present and can see the whole game in front of him, other than that maybe sturridge but for some reason I don't like strikers as captain

Good shout. I honestly don't think rooney has the right temperament to be captain of our national side. What happens when he's not producing the goods on the pitch will he be dropped.

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
Worst England team that I can remember in my 40+ years on this planet, now led by someone who has been past his sell by date for 2 years at least. Trouble is I can't think of one current international who I would want as England Captain. Personally I'd bring back John Terry

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
My main concern is that with the added pressure of captaincy Wayne will start playing sh1t...

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
I see Rooney got substituted at 90 minutes in the Switzerland game.