• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Officers' Forum

M

M_for_Mother

Dare I say it? Can we have our own Forum? Pretty please? x x x

B

Bluntend

Why not just start an 'Officers Issues' thread? Or one that relates to ISS, the SSC vs PC debate, OMQs, Mess life etc or whatever you want to talk about? It is possible that ORs may have something to contribute on a discussion about those things that relate purely to Officers. One of the best things about this site is the open and non-rank specific nature of the debates within, to have an exclusively officer forum in the way that ARRSE have seems counter productive. Just a thought.

Stax

Flight Sergeant
M_for_Mother said:
Dare I say it? Can we have our own Forum? Pretty please? x x x

Oh go on then! As long as you play nice with it and don't break it, if you do you won't get another one. Specific forums don't grow on trees you know, those Spooks people had to wait ages to get one of their own, I've read it and God! its dull. It makes "Japanese Anime Weekly" look interesting, ask Nerdy, he'll tell you!

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

Stax said:
Oh go on then! As long as you play nice with it and don't break it, if you do you won't get another one. Specific forums don't grow on trees you know, those Spooks people had to wait ages to get one of their own, I've read it and God! its dull. It makes "Japanese Anime Weekly" look interesting, ask Nerdy, he'll tell you!

You actually read my thread on japanese anime? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :D

Stax

Flight Sergeant
A CLING NERD SHRON said:
[/B]

You actually read my thread on japanese anime? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :D

Damn, you got me again, you tricky trickster you! Bah! you and your damned Japaneses Anime, you'll be the death of me (as the Japanese were to my Grandad on the Burma railway 1944)

tag_lincoln

Corporal
is it here yet

is it here yet

Guess it will take some time to get the forum up and running or can I just not find it.

I was going to put on that the NEW IOT Cse started last week. I'm sure IOT is something that every oficer has an opinion on!! General outline is 30 weeks instead of 24, 3 terms of 10 weeks, 2 goes at the deployment Ex (Term 2 and 3 go at same time, different roles). It's not Peacekeeper anymore but Decisive Edge. FS instructors as Dep Flt Cdrs (Any Trade).

Thought it would have made a good start to an oficer's forum, although guess lots of people in the ranks who are thinking of applying would have an interest as well.

:eek:

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
tag_lincoln said:
Guess it will take some time to get the forum up and running or can I just not find it.

I was going to put on that the NEW IOT Cse started last week. I'm sure IOT is something that every oficer has an opinion on!! General outline is 30 weeks instead of 24, 3 terms of 10 weeks, 2 goes at the deployment Ex (Term 2 and 3 go at same time, different roles). It's not Peacekeeper anymore but Decisive Edge. FS instructors as Dep Flt Cdrs (Any Trade).

Thought it would have made a good start to an oficer's forum, although guess lots of people in the ranks who are thinking of applying would have an interest as well.

:eek:

Just start a new thread for christ's sake, if you want to talk about this kind of drivel, that way we all get to comment whilst being fairly anonymous, stop being so bloody cliquey.

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
There uis now a Pimms and crimpoline club, those that know their place can now talk bollox when they want to ;)

HotspurIDO

I'm not fecking BRANCH!
In that case ...

Can we have a 'Corporals Club' section to discuss, erm, JMLC ... and err ... other important but boring stuff ...?

<ducks>

:p

C

Cat of Shadows

Here Here!!

Here Here!!

Plumber said:
Just start a new thread for christ's sake, if you want to talk about this kind of drivel, that way we all get to comment whilst being fairly anonymous, stop being so bloody cliquey.

God, this has really annoyed me.

I spend precious little time giving less than 2 s***s about anything of this nature, so why the hell would I want to be in a seperate forum to discuss it?? After all, for those of us in the Pimms and Blah Club, the threads are not exactly private are they?!?!!, so why can't you just start a thread and take the banter for discussing such irrelivant and pointless B******s!!!

This is the most devisive Forum we could have had on this web site..............why not go the whole hog now and have one for the JNCOs, one for the SNCOs and then one for WOs.....................oh, and less we forget lets make sure we have one for those with props and maybe one for the Air Officers aswell, just to really segregate everything. In my humble opinion the cohesion of the service is sagging a little year by year at the moment, and this sort of c*** really doesn't help...............we're all on the same b***** side!!

Officers Forum.................bad suggestion, incorrect choice in agreeing to it, won't be joining the threads and instead deciding to stay with the adult, collective, nature of the rest of the service here posted!!!

Rant over, thankyou, goodnight and godbless!!!

(You may have realised I am in the 'No' camp on this one)

Last edited:
C

Cat of Shadows

Plumber said:
Erm, was this a pop at me or the idea of an officers forum? :confused:

Not you fella, the officers forum...................apologies if you thought it was you, I just needed a spring board and your post was perfect as I concur with your comment of 'just start a thread'.

I agree with Cat - Waste of time!

Why would anyone talk on the internet about subjects just as Officers, unless you are one of those stuck up 'I failed my RCB to get into Sandhurst ...boo hoo' types. Its segregates the community and is frankly rude!

The whole ‘rank’ think is necessary at work, but should be on the whole irrelevant outside work. Especially in the RAF. It’s what sets us apart from the Pongos!

During Ex Allied Warrior, (the pain in the arse one we just got back from), there were several bars on the base. The army ran 3... Officers, SNCOs and Junior Ranks. All in separate tents with different rules...
AKA
Stuck up Ruperts Bar
****ed off Sgts and WOs Bar (who got booted from the Officers bar and were given an annex to the juniors)
Squaddies bar.

We, the Air Component, I'm quiet happy to say, did away with all that pretentious crap and just opened a bar for anyone who wanted to come, of any rank, nationality or whatever... With no trouble, no complaints and all had a good time! (And our beer was cheaper)

So all this separate stuff is crap, not in keeping with the RAF way...

The only 2 types of people who have problems with this are:

A. Stuck up out of touch 'Victorian Dad' Officers
B. Airmen with massive chips on their shoulders

The rest of us, just get on with life !

So whoever's idea this was, dry your eyes, and if you want to talk about a subject ! (In the wise words of Starsky & Hutch) DO IT!

M

M_for_Mother

Guys, get a grip. If you haven't realised, MOTRAF, the Officers' Forum already exists.

The aim of the Officers' Forum is not to divide the website or prevent everyone from joining in on a discussion. It simply exists as a 'catch-all' for topics that don't necessarily fit into the trade-specific Forums. In that sense it is a logical step forward as the site increases it's membership.

I generally watch the 'Most Recent Threads' section on the homepage to keep an eye on the hot topics, since the more popular threads always appear there. As long as that exists then everyone will have visibility of the hot topics on e-goat and should be encouraged to post, whatever their background.

No-one for a moment wants an 'Officers Only' thread as that would be the electronic equivilent of popping into the Mess Bar - it would be frequently dull and filled with other Officers talking sh*t.

I hope that is perfectly clear for the Int Os who have objected to the Officers' Forum - unsuprising that they did, since the unreadable pap they have decked their forum out with betrays both their low mental ages and inability to form coherent arguments. Tools!

MFM

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
M_for_Mother said:
Guys, get a grip. If you haven't realised, MOTRAF, the Officers' Forum already exists.

MFM

M for Muppet, I'm sure he has seen that it exists and is just expressing his disapproval of it.

The aim of the Officers' Forum is not to divide the website or prevent everyone from joining in on a discussion. It simply exists as a 'catch-all' for topics that don't necessarily fit into the trade-specific Forums. In that sense it is a logical step forward as the site increases it's membership.

Wouldn't that be general chit chat then.

I generally watch the 'Most Recent Threads' section on the homepage to keep an eye on the hot topics, since the more popular threads always appear there. As long as that exists then everyone will have visibility of the hot topics on e-goat and should be encouraged to post, whatever their background.

I see the Pimms and crimpolene thread is really blazing away.

No-one for a moment wants an 'Officers Only' thread as that would be the electronic equivilent of popping into the Mess Bar - it would be frequently dull and filled with other Officers talking sh*t.

As oppose to when else :p (j for joke).

I hope that is perfectly clear for the Int Os who have objected to the Officers' Forum - unsuprising that they did, since the unreadable pap they have decked their forum out with betrays both their low mental ages and inability to form coherent arguments. Tools!

Even I have managed to fathom out most of it (after alot of building up the big words). :p

T

Trenchards Ghost

Victorian Dads

Victorian Dads

MOTRAF
I SAY…. please don't include us Victorian Dads with the Lily Livered Officers of todays Royal Air Force.
Our values are much more outdated and have tons more moral fibre than the wibbly wobbly rodneys. :D
I can't see any of our Junior Officers having a good stiff cold bath in the morning to make you realise you're British. It's because of their namby pamby values we lost India don't you know rant blah blah blah absolute cads the lot of em. Pistols at dawn if they can be bothered to get up. I’ll send my man down to the duelling field to ensure honour is upheld.(Found him at the Somme don't you know. Doesn't like loud noises but does a damn good kipper for breakfast) :D :D :D