• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Not long left for Lyneham

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-13646404

Not long to go, pretty soon it'll be more or less just TMW left...

Will the kebab shop survive? Will the locals really be thankful if the Army move in? Will they ever get all the frames serviceable to get them out....:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Very sad days indeed Downsizer.

Closing Lyneham was a mistake from the outset.

However, the wingeing anti RAF locals will rue the day that the RAF left and the Army moves in.

As for the local businesses, they'll be in for a treat when the squaddies move in :pDT_Xtremez_09:

TW

Craig855s

Sergeant
The last herc leaves on the 1st July? Jeses I knew it was coming but didnt think it was going to be done in the next 2 weeks? Have any hercs arrived at brize yet?

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
Very sad days indeed Downsizer.

Closing Lyneham was a mistake from the outset.

However, the wingeing anti RAF locals will rue the day that the RAF left and the Army moves in.

As for the local businesses, they'll be in for a treat when the squaddies move in :pDT_Xtremez_09:

TW

Are the Army due to move in there?

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
I have to admit that I have a lot of fond memories of Lyneham; the ones I can remember! Might be an idea to leave TMW there though; and just forget all about it!

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Shame - Liked Lyneham a lot. Had some good hoots in the mess there.

Even with Swindon already on the doorstep, importing the Army won't do a lot for the regional ugliness index, or indeed the house prices.

P

POW

Last Herc due to leave 1st July although no one will tell the village at what time.

Last repat penciled for the 1st August and the air field looses its licence on the 1st of Sept.

Very sad for the village.

toker1975

LAC
Very sad to see the place close :pDT_Xtremez_21:
having grown up there as a scaley brat, working as a trolly dolly in the Wessex( i know, not a "mans" job, but it was next to the bowl, so less staggering distance for a pint o' diesel after work!) and hoping to get posted to the Photo Section as a blue suit, only to find it civillianised, have millions of fond memories of Lyneham......great place, great people, and the locals were ok too!! Very sad times....