• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nimrod crash Afghanistan 02 Sep 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
The 12 RAF personnel killed were:

Flt Lt Steven Johnson

flsjohnson.jpg

Flt Lt Leigh Anthony Mitchelmore

fllamitchelmore.jpg

Flt Lt Gareth Rodney Nicholas

flgrnicholas.jpg

Flt Lt Allan James Squires

flajsquires.jpg

Flt Lt Steven Swarbrick

REST IN PEACE

Flt Sgt Gary Wayne Andrews

REST IN PEACE

Flt Sgt Stephen Beattie

fssbeattie.jpg

Flt Sgt Gerard Martin Bell

fsgmbell.jpg

Flt Sgt Adrian Davies

fsadavies.jpg

Sergeant Benjamin James Knight

sgtbjknight.jpg

Sgt John Joseph Langton

REST IN PEACE

Sgt Gary Paul Quilliam.

sgtgpquilliam.jpg

REST IN PEACE

Link to News Article Here

Link to Condolences Here

Last edited:

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old,
age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning,we will remember them.

We will remember them.

AndyZ

Sergeant
Rest In Peace

Rest In Peace

wobbly said:
The 12 RAF personnel killed were:

Flt Lt Steven Johnson

flsjohnson.jpg

Flt Lt Leigh Anthony Mitchelmore

fllamitchelmore.jpg

Flt Lt Gareth Rodney Nicholas

flgrnicholas.jpg

Flt Lt Allan James Squires

flajsquires.jpg

Flt Lt Steven Swarbrick

REST IN PEACE

Flt Sgt Gary Wayne Andrews

REST IN PEACE

Flt Sgt Stephen Beattie

fssbeattie.jpg

Flt Sgt Gerard Martin Bell

fsgmbell.jpg

Flt Sgt Adrian Davies

fsadavies.jpg

Sergeant Benjamin James Knight

sgtbjknight.jpg

Sgt John Joseph Langton

REST IN PEACE

Sgt Gary Paul Quilliam.

sgtgpquilliam.jpg

REST IN PEACE

Link to News Article Here

Link to Condolences Here

animated255Fcandle.gif

D

dodgysootie

Cxx/3

Cxx/3

Now that you have all be laid to rest. You will never be forgotten, we will remember you! God bless you, your families, colleagues and friends.

RIP CXX/3

DS

D

dodgysootie

Cheers Wobbly, tears falling as I type.
We will remember them.
RIP CXX/3
DS

Get Tae

Flight Sergeant
Nearly a year has gone by and there is not one day I dont think about those brave souls.

RIP guys, you are sorely missed

laboratoryqueen

Dr Midget Midgetson
I still remember vividly the phone call telling me there had been an explosion on board and my brother was missing presumed dead, then the blue suit at the door followed by the padre. I didn't want to believe it then and I still don't want to believe it now, but I do. A year has passed and I wish to pay tribute for that.

My brother helped teach me many things, to tie my shoelaces, helped me learn to read, to always try my best but most of all to always be myself. I also learnt he was proud of me for being who I am and I knew he always would love me, the last two are there with me in all my memories of Steve. To some he was Flt Lt, to some he would be their new Captain, to some he'd been their instructor, to me, he was Pooky Dukes, an overstuffed teddy who gave big squishy cuddles (though not as overstuffed as my eldest brother, my Uber Pooky).

I look to Orion and know you will all be forever a part of the Mighty Hunter, not just our 12 RAF guys, 14 died that day, and it is all the 14 who I remember

I only knew my brother, I know some people here who knew many more, my thoughts and prayers are with all these mens friends, families and loved ones.

Marine J D Windall
L Cpl O S Dicketts
Flt Lt A J Squires
Flt Lt S Johnson
Flt Lt G R Nicholas
Flt Lt S Swarbrick
Flt Lt L A Mitchelmore
Flt Sgt A Davies
Flt Sgt G W Andrews
Flt Sgt G M Bell
Flt Sgt S Beattie
Sgt G P Quillian
Sgt B J Knight
Sgt J J Langton

I love you Pooky Dukes

For CXX/3 and all who have lost their lives in service, before and since the 2nd of September 2006

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
I wanted to post on this thread yesterday after I watched Tapper's Dad's video. I hit the new reply button and stared at the blank screen for what seemed an age, willing my feelings to write themselves. In the end I gave up, the words would not come. They still won't.

RIP lads. Gone, but never forgotten.

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Knew them all, flew with most of them, miss them all - forever.

Sammers

LAC
I'm so sorry for all those that lost friends and relatives on this occasion. The video's are very touching, and a wonderful way to pay tribute to those lost.

Watching that brings back so many painful memories and the associated feelings of collecting a friends body from a mountain in Wales after his F4 crashed. It's suprising how little some things change over the years. We keep losing people, and the folks left behind keep feeling the pain, and carrying on.

RIP all of them, and all who've gone before and after.

A website I found a couple of years ago and was a great help in letting me get through some bad times can be found here....

www.forcespoetry.co.uk

Sammers.

F

fergo

Went to reply the other day but after reading LQ's words i was lost for words.
Been at Kinloss quite a bit before and since and feel it as i draw up to the gates everytime.
Rest In Peace
You Will Be Remembered

Please remember CXX/9 also

Please remember CXX/9 also

As a workmate and friend of all on CXX/3, it pleases me greatly that everone here remembers them.

What is now often forgotten is that 3:15 on Sep 2nd also marks the passing of CXX/9 in an atrociously public accident 12 years ago.

I was not stationed at Kinloss then, and I regret that I dont have a full crew list. If anyone has, please publish it here and add them to the roll of honour.

CS

Status
Not open for further replies.