• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New RAF Uniform Proposal?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Some will like it, some won’t, always fancied polo shirt and combat pants as a fair compromise.

Please make it out of easy care fabrics that aren’t to plasticky but don’t look crumpled instantly.

4everAD

Sergeant
Absolutely honking, I can't see one thing in there that I would proudly wear. But as long as its gender neutral I'm sure that our crazy leader will be happy!

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
FOD Hazard straight away on those shirt sleeve retaining things. Just ripe for a JEngO to come bouncing along and catch on something as they flop their arms around inside a panel.

Cornish_Pikey

Sergeant
Anyone that stores that much information on their computer desktop clearly has no business organising anything.

Also are irons optional now in case the little darling burn themselves?

Looks like a comfortable set of clothing for everyday wear, however, please make the stable belt optional so you can easily identify which cnuts to avoid.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I'm going to be contentious here and say that I like it on the whole. It's workwear and looks comfortable and practical. I don't like how the rank tab on the blue polo shirt is right under the chin but other that that it looks the biz.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Pic 1 OK but don’t make the stable belt compulsory for reasons others have stated

Pic 2 The shirt pocket at jaunty angle on the sleeve is hideous

Pic 3 Generally OK like the polo shirt idea, not sure about the accompanying 3rd XV training tops

Pic 5 Loops on the sleeves terrible idea. Gone, ripped off, cut off, within a week WTF

Pic 8 Cargo pants OK probably quite durable, brown boots why not black.

General points if this is for all ranks and trades? Shiny’s and other none physical trades in cargo trousers and brown boots why?
Denim wearing Techies rock up at work chuck uniform/civvies in the locker put on denims with T-shirt of choice and boxers underneath and crack on. Rocks will still do their own thing. Lastly it’s going to take that young girl ages to eat all of that lolly

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
To further reduce the risk of FOD, all aviators should be issued with a pocketless uniform. Pens, mobile phones etc should be carried separately in a little shoulder bag.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
To further reduce the risk of FOD, all aviators should be issued with a pocketless uniform. Pens, mobile phones etc should be carried separately in a little shoulder bag.
What about aviatrix? Could their bag be say, black in colour with zip top and a thin shoulder strap.

1655216973398.png

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
I want to see how they’ll dress pilots…will they be labelled to say what they are too?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I want to see how they’ll dress pilots…will they be labelled to say what they are too?
There’s no need for that. They’ll tell you what they do within seconds of meeting them anyway.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The RN have changed their uniform issue now sports bra's are on the official list. Presumably just for Doris's but........

No mention of gender neutral bras for those travelling through life on the other bus or fat tw@ts with moobs.