• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murray Wins!

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I love the fact that he's the first British champion in ages and all the douchebags pile in and moan that he's scottish on facetube.

Last edited:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I didn't watch it, so excuse my ignorance.... Did Murray play well, or did the other guy play crap? It's an honest question and not trolling.

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
I didn't watch it, so excuse my ignorance.... Did Murray play well, or did the other guy play crap? It's an honest question and not trolling.

Beat the No 1 in the world in 3 sets and the World Number 1 didn't win 6 games in any set!!! (i.e.Murray didn't get lucky in a tie break, Though Andy dropped games on his serve a few times, he broke back with interest in every set). As one of the few British Gold Medal winners to sing the National Anthem on the medal podium last year at the Olympics, Andy Murray doesn't have to prove his Britishness to anybody.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
I love the fact that he's the first British champion in ages and all the douchebags pile in and moan that he's scottish on facetube. And for the record I am not a porridge wog....

There is something deeply embittered and insecure inside the character of many Brits that means they can't simply be pleased to see a Briton win at sport, Lewis Hamilton felt the same backlash when he won the F1 title back in 2008. I'll never understand it if I live to be 300 years old.

PraiseBacon

Sergeant
The Jockometer turned all the way to British!

Well, he was a little bit Scottish at 1-4 down in the second set, but really pleased he pulled through to be a proper British champion with a straight sets win

;-) ;-)

note the smiley faces etc...

seriously though well done on a win that took years of dedication and effort to build to.

finally, thought Novak was gracious in defeat, a good sportsman...

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Fomz said:
I also didn't realise until earlier today, he was a survivor of the Dunblane massacre.

Nor did I until I watched the documentary on him a couple of weeks back. He was just down the corridor from the gym where it happened apparently.
Same doc is being repeated tomorrow night with a little addendum at the end :pDT_Xtremez_30:

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
An amazing achievement and something to be proud of.

And if his personality has matured as much as his tennis, which in a game like this it must have, then he's probably become less of a ar5e.

Gud on him.

Just a pitty Hamilton couldn't have made it a UK and Ireland Triple.

Yes, well done to Murray for winning.

Sexist comment bit coming up........the woman's champion also gets the same £1.6M because of equality.

Yesterday's female final match was quicker that just 1 of the sets that was played today! I'm sure the girlies work just as hard in preparation but I'm thinking it's poor value for money for the paying public.

Why can't the females play a best of 5 sets in the 4 grand slams?

Rant off.........

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I'm not particularly into tennis but it was rather an edge of seat finish. Well done Andy M. This, on top of The Lions beating the Aussies made for a great sporting weekend for the UK.

Two amusing things of note were:

• Alex the Fish waving a Scottish flag at Wimbledon and
  • The faces of all the Rugby pundits who ripped Warren Gatland to pieces for selecting a large proportion of Welsh players and creating a squad that had no capability of beating the Aussies...