• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Metalheads only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
I suppose I have to thank the late, great Mr Tommy Vance and his Friday Night Rock Show for kindling the love of rock music that has turned me into the Rock Dinosaur I am today.

The great time in the 90's Friday rock show10 to midnight, saturday afternoon with Alan (Fluff) Freeman 4 till 6, Red Dragon rock show with Paul Jones 6 till 8, then Fluff again for more Rock 8 till 10. Bliss. Then down my local for Brains bitter at a pound a pint. A perfect Saturday stumbling back up the road ! Then Rush CD's till I fell asleep. :pDT_Xtremez_28:

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
You git!

I almost bout a PRS in translucent green, gold hardware, and the vine pearl inlay.....

Was too expensive at the time though and the bloke down Denmark Stret wouldn't knock it down. I envy you! They are awesome guitars!

Well I had the choice of a strat, les paul or the prs. They were my mates Dad's who'd died and he wanted them to go to a good home. Although the PRS was half the price it should have been, I couldn't justify spending more on a guitar than I would a car, until Rovergirl told me to treat myself!! I nearly fell over. I think she regretted it after I said I'd have to buy a decent amp to play it through

Last edited:

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
Now why do i feel a Goat band suddenly materialising - a lot of aspiring strummers - and a drummer - just need a few more to offer their talents!!!

Can I play Rhythm please Kat? Oh go on please, I'll be your bestest friend in the whole wide world

Sad git

Corporal
The only Heavy Metal concert I ever went to was AC/DC 'If You Want Blood Tour' at Manchester Apollo around about 1977 ish.

I gone home for the weekend and my civi mates had organised a minibus and had a spare ticket, so off I went.

I didn't know too much about AC/DC and found myself at the Manchester Apollo, standing at an all-seater, surrounded by longhaired AC/DC fans whilst sporting my RAF newby short back & sides.

The band were late, and the crowed starting to get restless. Soon they started to chant ......... Na ...na, nana, na, nar ANGUS! then punching the air. Not wanting to be left out, but having got the wrong end of the stick, thought I might as well join in ...... Na ...na, nana, na, nar W@NKERS!

I got away with that and eventually AC/DC started .... From the first note to the last the entire crowd started head banging. So all AC/DC must have seen from the stage was a sea of heads with hair flowing up and down and one lone head with short back & sides watching them.

So I was one of the few people who have watched AC/DC at one of their concerts. It was a bloody good night and so loud I was left experiencing tinnitus for the first time.

Na ...na, nana, na, nar ANGUS!

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
So I was one of the few people who have watched AC/DC at one of their concerts. It was a bloody good night and so loud I was left experiencing tinnitus for the first time.

Na ...na, nana, na, nar ANGUS!

I saw them on the Heatseaker tour a couple of days before my RAF medical prior to joining up. Needless to say, I had to go back to retake my hearing test the following week.

P

PLC1966

Iron Maiden Phantom of the Opera
Motorhead Ace of Spades
Sabbath Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Deep Purple Heighway Star & Space Truckin'

Still remember doing (and still got somewhere) a tape from the Friday Rock Show (with Tommy Vance at that time) of Iron Maiden at Reading in about 80/81, ferkin great raw rock music, Maiden with Paul Di'anno as the lead singer, metal with an edge of punk, brilliant, as a kid, the whole world seemed to open up...

Its all been down hill since then !

K

katinthehat

Can I play Rhythm please Kat? Oh go on please, I'll be your bestest friend in the whole wide world

Oh go on then RB - seeing as you asked so nicely!
Right - that's one sorted.... I better leave the guitaring to you and Mono by the sounds of it - I am way out of practise!!
Backing vocals then for me... that and cow-bell of course!!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_14:
So - anyone volunteering for bass? Drums? Lead vocals??

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
Oh go on then RB - seeing as you asked so nicely!
Right - that's one sorted.... I better leave the guitaring to you and Mono by the sounds of it - I am way out of practise!!
Backing vocals then for me... that and cow-bell of course!!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_14:
So - anyone volunteering for bass? Drums? Lead vocals??

Mono can do lead, I've never been a widdler - so to speak

Who? Me?

SAC
Other bands I used to listen to on vinyl back in my youth were Testament, Kreator, Slayer & Napalm Death.

Saw Testament at the Hammersmith Odeon sometime in the late 80's / early 90's and we managed to get inside for their warm up practice. Heard 3 or 4 tracks before getting carried away and giving the roadies the nod that some erks were where they shouldn't be. :pDT_Xtremez_30: The concert was absolutely fantastic, support was from Xentrix, White Horse and someone else for the life of me I can't remember.

Slayer - seen at the Birmingham NEC with Suicidal Tendencies, again absolutely fanstastic.

Napalm Deth - a few times at Manchester 1 & 2, best concert I've ever been to for raw energy.

Thought I was the only person around on the goat who'd say they listened to Napalm. Thrash on!!!

airframe doctor

Corporal
Must be the shortest track ever.........

Must be the shortest track ever.........

Saw Testament at the Hammersmith Odeon sometime in the late 80's / early 90's and we managed to get inside for their warm up practice. Heard 3 or 4 tracks before getting carried away and giving the roadies the nod that some erks were where they shouldn't be. :pDT_Xtremez_30: The concert was absolutely fantastic, support was from Xentrix, White Horse and someone else for the life of me I can't remember.

Slayer - seen at the Birmingham NEC with Suicidal Tendencies, again absolutely fanstastic.

Napalm Death - a few times at Manchester 1 & 2, best concert I've ever been to for raw energy.

Thought I was the only person around on the goat who'd say they listened to Napalm. Thrash on!!!

Started listening to them when I heard people go on about "You Suffer But Why" so bought that album purely to see what all the fuss was about.
Ever listened to Nuclear Assault or a punk style band " Culture Shock"???
Slayer seemed to play a lot at Birmingham wether it be at the NEC or smaller gigs when I was in my teens. Another band I would have loved to see but (ashamed to admit it:pDT_Xtremez_42: ) but me Mum & Dad must have heard about them & would never let me go............Very Rock n Roll huh !!!

MingMong

Warrant Officer
Slayer are making an apearance at Download this year.
Do yourselves a favour, check THIS lineup and let's have an e-goat meetup at what looks to be one of the finest rock festivals the UK has seen in years!

M

monobrow

Mono can do lead, I've never been a widdler - so to speak

Ohhhhhh sh*t....

I can thrash like Hetfield, but that Hammett bloke plays a bit fast for me!

Never stopped me "widdling" all over the livingroom though........

(I would post a link of some of me musical work, but it's in my "real" name so PERSEC)

So. We need someone with a bass, a drummer and a lead vocalist.

Could I also request applications for groupies?? Mo4, LabQ, Mrs_M, et al?

Many Thanks

Mono

K

katinthehat

Well I have a suggestion for lead vocalist... but he wont like it!!
Depends if they have to be tone deaf and growl everything........ or if we really want them to sing!!!!

F

Fablon biff chit

Metallica's Ride the Lightening album got me into it!

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Missed opportunities...

Missed opportunities...

Afraid to admit guys that I've not been to one live gig yet (apart from a mate of mine at Colt that fronted a band called Psychocism).

I've been too busy letting life pass me by.

Nearly got to see Disturbed in Newcastle last year as part of a mates stag doo.

Unfortunately I went on a four month, penguin spotting tour two days before the gig.

Ba*d! *=star!

Remembered yet another great track today though...

LED ZEPPLIN... IMMIGRANT SONG!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

F

FoxyFed

For me it has to be Drowning Pool. Bodies has to be the greatest song ever. And also Slipknot, Duality. Hubby is a massive metal fan and has seen Iron Maiden, Metallica, Soil, WASP, Disturbed, System of a Down to name a few. He adores Pantera and Dime Bag Darrell is GOD. Plays the drums too and not being biased but he is bl**dy good. Kerrang is def on the favourites list on Sky

MingMong

Warrant Officer
I saw Drowning Pool last week in London, and when they played Bodies the whole place went mental. One of the madest pits that I have ever been witness to.
Obviously I was stood on the edge of the pit trying not to get battered being the sensible type I am.
Funny you should mention Soil too, because Soil's lead singer is now the frontman for Drowning Pool.

F

FoxyFed

Unfortunately I was working so couldnt go. Hate shift work its spoils all the fun. Waiting to see when im off in Jun then Download here we come

Stingray

Sergeant
Don't mind a bit of metal....but just to be annoying.........

" WE ARE THE MODS WE ARE THE MODS WE ARE WE ARE WE ARE THE MODS"

:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Status
Not open for further replies.