• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Metalheads only

Status
Not open for further replies.

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
I was listening to my old Iron Maiden albums last night and when "Wrathchild" came on (from Killers) I thought to myself "this was the song that first made me realise that Heavy metal was the way forward"

What I'd like to know is what was the song that made fellow metalheads realise that loud screaming guitars and wailing was the only music worth listening to?

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
I was listening to my old Iron Maiden albums last night and when "Wrathchild" came on (from Killers) I thought to myself "this was the song that first made me realise that Heavy metal was the way forward"

What I'd like to know is what was the song that made fellow metalheads realise that loud screaming guitars and wailing was the only music worth listening to?

Easy. Judas Priest - Exciter.
Rob Halford, bent as a 3 pound coin but what a voice ! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
Was I the only stupid f@cker who didn't realise he played for the other team until he officially came out?

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
666 Number Of The Beast, thanks to my cousin Darren my parents and subsequent g/f's, block residents etc etc have had to endure countless hours of metal music.:pDT_Xtremez_28:

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
Rush Farewell to Kings album and Phantom of the Opera by Maiden.

M

monobrow

Run to the hills by maiden was my first intro to metal, but never really listened to it till I picked up the guitar.....

Master of Puppets got me well and truely hooked

K

Kernow

Sniffing Iron filings was what first had me interested in Metal. Ooops wrong metal interest.

Any hoo for me it was GnR that first set me off, having been lent an album by a mate. Whenever I can get away with it I stick on the noise and bang with the best of them. Doesn't happen too often as I have to fight with the missus Ronan Keating and Westlife Sh1te. Slowly conditioning the kids though, youngest Kernow sings a lot of queen stuff and has finally taken up the guitar. Maybe a new Slash in the making:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
First real taste was Queen, especially 'We Will Rock You'. AC/DC were my main interest though. Also any Prog Rock took my fancy.

B

Bill Bones

Great minds mono. Master of Puppets and For Whom The Bell Tolls (my firefight music)

TrenchardsLoveSock

Flight Sergeant
As a young lad I found A Night at the Opera hidden amongst all of the ABBA and Neil Diamond albums at home (Dad bought it for Bohemian Rhapsody). I used to get up early on weekend so that I could listen to it before anybody else got up and complained.

My first "proper" metal album was Powerslave which I bought on tape 'cause I liked the cover. It turned me into an Maiden fan for years.

I hated Thrash Metal with a passion until Halton, when my room mate "groomed" me by playing Fade to Black, Sanitarium and One until I finally cracked. Then he moved on to Anthrax, Xentrix, Slayer, Sepultura etc.

I'm too old to mosh and too bald to headbang now but I'll be a metalhead until I die (taste have mellowed a bit though). Cheers Fozz:pDT_Xtremez_30:

M

Mrs_Monobrow

I hated Thrash Metal with a passion until Halton, when my room mate "groomed" me by playing Fade to Black, Sanitarium and One until I finally cracked.

Same here. Couldnt have named you one single metal band or song until i met monobrow 8 years ago! Big metallica fan and he plays the guitar so all metal came into it. Now i will happily put on some metal of my own accord! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
Same here. Couldnt have named you one single metal band or song until i met monobrow 8 years ago! Big metallica fan and he plays the guitar so all metal came into it. Now i will happily put on some metal of my own accord! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Wish you'd have a word with Mr Rover. She hates ALL my music and hates my "Eddy" tattoo even more

M

Mrs_Monobrow

Wish you'd have a word with Mr Rover. She hates ALL my music and hates my "Eddy" tattoo even more

Something your not telling us! :pDT_Xtremez_42:

After hearing it so often its hard not to start liking it. I will admit i dont like ALL metallicas music or ALL metal bands but i enjoy most of them.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber

Is there something you aren't telling us? Ha ha ha!

I started with Queen's Kind of Magic, progressed to Guns N Roses Use Your Illusion II and then went onto Nirvana. After that, well, allsorts really. Sometimes proper shout music and sometimes just rockish metal. Metallica, System of a Down, Good Charlotte, Linkin Park, allsorts...........

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
my room mate "groomed" me by playing Fade to Black, Sanitarium and One until I finally cracked. Then he moved on to Anthrax, Xentrix, Slayer, Sepultura etc.

I'm too old to mosh and too bald to headbang now but I'll be a metalhead until I die (taste have mellowed a bit though) :pDT_Xtremez_30:

That reminds me, I didn't think much about Metallica until MTV had a 4 from 1 weekend. When I realised I had enjoyed all 4 (One, Enter sandman, Nothing else matters, Sad but true. If your interested) son Monday morning cue visit to a mate behind the NDT automatic line and he leant me all there albums..... instant convert.

My lad started jumping around to something on Kerrang, turned out to be my intro to SUM41 :pDT_Xtremez_31: Nice one SB jnr :pDT_Xtremez_30:
That lead to Blink 182, Linkin Park, Good Charlotte, etc.

uber pikey

Sergeant
My eldest brother was into Iron Maiden in a big way, but it wasnt until a mate of mine got me into Bon Scott and some quality old AC/DC stuff that made me a metal fan forever.
Rock on......
:pDT_Xtremez_28:

K

katinthehat

Old youth club days - Whole Lotta Rosie, Fool For Your Loving, and All Night Long.
First single bought was Bohemian Rhapsody, so guess it was always there.
Few years in the wilderness, followed by purchasing Back Street Symphony album - hooked on Love Walked In - still a fave all time track - and then recently re-awakened, and now well into it again!!

And sooooooo pleased Im back into it all - have to say - if anyone has heard the new Rush track Far Cry off their forthcoming album - it is excellent!!!!
Oh and of course, anything saying Thunder on the sleeve.......................!!

wolfy

Warrant Officer
For me it was in the last year at school when some classmates lent me some Led zep LP's. From there it was a short step to AC/DC and its gone on since then.

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
Something your not telling us! :pDT_Xtremez_42:

After hearing it so often its hard not to start liking it. I will admit i dont like ALL metallicas music or ALL metal bands but i enjoy most of them.

Oh Sh!te, I've just realised. I'll have to double check my posts in future!!

T

tonibird

Is there something you aren't telling us? Ha ha ha!

I started with Queen's Kind of Magic, progressed to Guns N Roses Use Your Illusion II and then went onto Nirvana. After that, well, allsorts really. Sometimes proper shout music and sometimes just rockish metal. Metallica, System of a Down, Good Charlotte, Linkin Park, allsorts...........

pretty much the same here mr masher.

My uncle didn't know what to buy me for my birthday one year and got me guns n roses use your illusion.

My mood dictates what i listen to but definately a rock chick!

Status
Not open for further replies.