• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Maximum readiness times

StickyFingers

Sergeant
Anyone know where the info for the maximum amount of time a SP can be held on readiness for: R0 R1, R2 etc...?

StickyFingers

Sergeant
It's ok. They just sent me to the Falklands after being on R2 for 7 months then put me back on it as soon as I got back for MACA. I assume there are no rules.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
You know what you need....Get 22 done and leave or get somebody at T055f0rd to "accidentally" remove THAT Q!!!!!!! Former option worked for me albeit staying for an extra 10 months. Just glad I didn't do my extra 4 years up to 2023!! Would be going SPARE!!!

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
I'm on constant R1, the only rule is you have to remain competent in all the essential quals, WHT's every 6 months ARTS, MOD1,2,3 etc..... there was something in the last ARPRB that they were looking at LSA days for being on R1 without the pay so that when you did deploy you were on a better daily rate.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I'm on constant R1, the only rule is you have to remain competent in all the essential quals, WHT's every 6 months ARTS, MOD1,2,3 etc..... there was something in the last ARPRB that they were looking at LSA days for being on R1 without the pay so that when you did deploy you were on a better daily rate.
Is it stressful albeit on a sub-conscious level, or is it so-so?? Would the better daily rate suffice??

StickyFingers

Sergeant
That LSA date thing would lessen the blow a bit.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

So how do you take a two week holiday abroad if on R1?

dctyke

Corporal
What about the up and coming 7 month world cruise on the HMS Queen Elizabeth ? Will be interesting to see how long RAF personnel will be away?

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
What about the up and coming 7 month world cruise on the HMS Queen Elizabeth ? Will be interesting to see how long RAF personnel will be away?

Memories of 1 Sqn and the threat of mass PVR springs to mind.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Memories of 1 Sqn and the threat of mass PVR springs to mind.
Was on course at Wittering when a long distant RN boat trip was in the offing for members of the Harrier mafia when a fellow course member in the bar uttered the immortal phrase. "Well a Harrier man's a Carrier man". The silence was deafening.