• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Liverpool FC - Greatest Team Ever!!

shiny_arse

SAS Inspector
I know that he is leaving
And where he wants to go
I guess he had his reason but we just don't want to know
But for 50 million quid, we managed to get rid of Torres

TORRES - WHO THE FCUK IS TORRES :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
Four points clear (yes, I know the plastic chavs are currently playing) with 12 points left on the table. Is this FINALLY going to be our year? The aspiration in August always was CL qualification - well, that's been achieved now - and we can only look at one game at a time. Norwich next week who are fighting relegation and will work us very hard indeed - won't be an easy game at all. Is this it though, what we've been waiting for for 24 years?

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
The best thing is we're climbing back on that perch which Fergie knocked us off. Who'd have thought that weve turned a 21 point deficit from last season to being 20 points in front of united this season. Buy agent Moyes a pint.

Not getting too giddy but we just might.

G

granner69

Great Times Ahead

Great Times Ahead

It's great times for Merseyside at the moment. Both clubs doing great, plus Saints flying in the rugby. Liverpool as a city is on the up all the time. I'm a red myself and think we can bring the title back. The desire and passion the players are showing is phenomenal, plus the fans are amazing and do give the players that bit extra that can make the difference between drawing or winning a game.

4 cup finals to god like status for Rogers, Gerrard, et al.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Shut up, shut up, shut up, you'll jinx it :pDT_Xtremez_17:

As John Cleese said in the film Clockwise, "Its not the despair, I can take the despair, its the hope I can't handle"

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
The only time ill feel confident is when we play Newcastle knowing we have to win and we are winning 5-0 with 5 minutes to go.

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
The only time ill feel confident is when we play Newcastle knowing we have to win and we are winning 5-0 with 5 minutes to go.

If it comes down to the Newcastle game, trust me, we will thump the Horse Punchers. However, even if we fall short this season, the aspiration at the start of the season always was CL qualification. We've achieved that. The league will just be an extra bonus. And it certainly isn't over. Norwich will test us severely, as will Palace who've already had points off of the Plastic Chavs recently. These will be big games, especially for Norwich who are fighting for survival and the banana-skin potential is massive. City are in pole position TBH - it's there's to lose.

mick-a-nick

Corporal
LFC

LFC

We are now in the driving seat - We must beat Chelski, they are playing mind-games - fielding a weakened team due to CL commitments, they have a squad large enough to field two teams of internationals.
Crystal Pullis will not be easy either, then the Maggies at Anfield - This should be a formality but it depends which side turn up!!

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
We are now in the driving seat - We must beat Chelski, they are playing mind-games - fielding a weakened team due to CL commitments, they have a squad large enough to field two teams of internationals.
Crystal Pullis will not be easy either, then the Maggies at Anfield - This should be a formality but it depends which side turn up!!

Palace is the game I fear the most TBH, a lot more than I worry about Chelsea. They have nothing to lose and have had a new lease of life since Pulis has come in - don't forget they've given City and Chelsea a hard time already recently. Three points from them is going to be a hellish prospect. We can afford to lose ONE game, as long as we get 3 point from the other matches. I have a niggling feeling that the Palace game might be that one?

Whatever happens this season, I'm happy. The aspiration was CL qualification at the start of the year and we've made that - in style. The league will be the icing on the cake. To limp into 7th one year and winning it the next is unheard of. I said at the start of the season that City would win and I still think that. They have the quality and play some great match-winning football. Chelsea are still the danger team coming in as well. They will be motivated for Sunday's game, after all, playing us is always Maureen's cup final. So to say we are in the driving seat is a bit of a misnomer, I think. It's City's to lose IMHO - that game in hand is crucial for them, especially if we start to slip up. We can look back on this year and be justifiably proud of the effort and progress we've made this year. Providing our players have an injury-free World Cup, we can come out all guns blazing in August and build on what we did in the 13/14 season. The players know what to expect now and what is required to succeed at the level required.

Last edited:

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
We can afford to lose ONE game, as long as we get 3 point from the other matches.

No we can't. We are on 80 points with three to play, lose one game and the max we can reach is 86 points.
City are on 74 points with four to play, so they too can reach 86 points but have a GD that is currently 4 better than ours and that will only improve if they win all their four games and we lose one.
The loss Of Henderson due to his rush of blood to the head against City could prove crucial, Lucas is too prone to conceding dumb free kicks and that could cost us. It aint over.

G

granner69

Have confidence we can do this ! Liverpool best priced at 1/5 on. The bookies rarely get things wrong at this stage ( I should know I've worked for one ! ) I think City will slip up again, I think they may draw against either Palace or Everton, or even both. Roll on Sunday for big mouth and his boys, would be lovely to end their challenge, however, I'll admit it will be tough as they do have two teams of internationals. The good thing is, we know we can out score any team in this premiership, that's why I'm confident we can go all the way.

firestorm

Warrant Officer
Have confidence we can do this ! Liverpool best priced at 1/5 on. The bookies rarely get things wrong at this stage ( I should know I've worked for one ! ) I think City will slip up again, I think they may draw against either Palace or Everton, or even both. Roll on Sunday for big mouth and his boys, would be lovely to end their challenge, however, I'll admit it will be tough as they do have two teams of internationals. The good thing is, we know we can out score any team in this premiership, that's why I'm confident we can go all the way.

How about now?:pDT_Xtremez_31:

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
Liverpool FC - Greatest Team Ever!!

What ever has happened or will happen, it's been a successful season for us. It's unrealistic of a side that limps into 7th one year to win it the next. The aspiration of CL football for next season has been met. We have a good young and motivated side that will stand us in good stead for the future and a decent source of quality players to see England into the World Cup in a few weeks. Yes, the league would (and still could) be the icing on the cake but at least this team knows the effort that is required now to succeed.

G

granner69

It's not over yet. Admittedly City are now slight favourites. However, whatever happens between now and the end of the season, Liverpool will be playing Champions League football next season. I think every Liverpool fan would of taken that at the start of the season.

As a born and bred Liverpool fan I'm more than happy with the direction that the club are heading in, both on and off the field.

What we have to do now is pick ourselves up and make sure that we win our final two games. Who knows, that may just be enough.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Who knows, that may just be enough.

We are relying on Everton, Villa or West Ham getting any result other than a defeat against Man City.

Everton have lost too many players to injury and have fallen apart recently; their race for fourth looks gone unless Arsenal drop points tomorrow.

Villa are too lightweight

West Ham, well I just don't see Allardyce going to the Etihad and getting anything.

But, apart from that pessimism, we could still do it.

G

granner69

We are relying on Everton, Villa or West Ham getting any result other than a defeat against Man City.

Everton have lost too many players to injury and have fallen apart recently; their race for fourth looks gone unless Arsenal drop points tomorrow.

Villa are too lightweight

West Ham, well I just don't see Allardyce going to the Etihad and getting anything.

But, apart from that pessimism, we could still do it.

I would probably call it being realistic.

I think if Everton would of beaten Southampton at the weekend, then I would of fancied them to get something out of the City game, but I can't see it now. And as for West Ham and Villa, there's no way City are going to slip up at home against either of those two.

I just think this was a huge opportunity for us to win the league, and the bookies odds prior to the Chelsea game reflected that. However, it's not over yet, but whatever happens now they have done us proud playing some great football and scoring goals for fun.

The future looks bright.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Not yet!

Still gloating about Manure, and you call us bitter?!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Who is gloating about Manure?????

Anyhoo, lap it up mate, I knew you would, I'd do the same with the shoe on the other foot. ::p:

I will say one thing though, there's no way on this planet I'd want to see my team lose a match just to deny your side of Stanley park the title. I personally have too much pride and self-respect in what my own team do to engage in any of that garbage.

Last edited: