• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Liverpool FC - Greatest Team Ever!!

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
blah blah... and the bookies odds prior to the Chelsea game reflected that...blah blah

NO NO NO.
The bookies odds reflect the way the money is going.
Thats why England will be fourth or fifth favourites to win the World Cup, when we`ve more chance of being humiliated and not qualifying from the group.

firestorm

Warrant Officer
Who is gloating about Manure?????

Anyhoo, lap it up mate, I knew you would, I'd do the same with the shoe on the other foot. ::p:

I will say one thing though, there's no way on this planet I'd want to see my team lose a match just to deny your side of Stanley park the title. I personally have too much pride and self-respect in what my own team do to engage in any of that garbage.

Hmmm, so no reds are gloating about the current mess at Old Trafford then??

We'll leave the dodgy game chucking to Gobelaar and his ilk. Personally, with the CL gone, I don't want to be in the mess that's the Europa league. Being out of Europe and early domestic cup exits did Liverpool a big favour this year. That's what I'm reading into Lawrenson saying that this year the best chance your club will get.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Hmmm, so no reds are gloating about the current mess at Old Trafford then??

Hmmm so no Everton fans will be grinning like cheshire cats to see Dzeko rise to head past Howard or Aguero slip one in the corner of his net if it helps deny Liverpool the title?
Sorry chap, couldnt do it myself but each to his own I suppose.

As for next season, you are right about the Eurhopeless league, it very much is a mess, a long winded mess at that. But it still a stepping stone to the CL, with our lowly seeding next year we are going to get a tough group and with little Eropean experience its going to be tough. And Id personally still not want us to lose a game if it meant dodging the EL bullet, its Eropean competition experience at tge end of the day.

firestorm

Warrant Officer
To be fair, you did pose the question about us gloating. All fans do it, despite what some may say. Fans are fans are fans, its just the team that differs, none are "special".

We've had plenty of EL experience, I'm not sure what the benefits were, apart from the sound of cow bells and the distant view of a dodgy eastern European pitch over a running track!

G

granner69

NO NO NO.
The bookies odds reflect the way the money is going.
Thats why England will be fourth or fifth favourites to win the World Cup, when we`ve more chance of being humiliated and not qualifying from the group.

You can "blah blah" all you like pal. The bookies odds don't just reflect the way the money is going, they also reflect form. Hence why Liverpool were strong favourites for the title.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
To be fair, you did pose the question about us gloating. All fans do it, despite what some may say. Fans are fans are fans, its just the team that differs, none are "special".

Agreed, I just think its a shame when gloating becomes the predominant tack of the discussion, there's only so far you can take it before we're simply filling each others time with cr@p boxer. Lets face it, neither of our clubs has anything to really shout about through on-field accomplishments over the past few years and we seldom get beyond 'red ****e' vs 'bitters' between us which is a bit of a shame when you consider the rich histories involved and the fact we're both in danger of being left behind, this season notwithstanding.

Still, que sera :pDT_Xtremez_22:

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You can "blah blah" all you like pal. The bookies odds don't just reflect the way the money is going, they also reflect form. Hence why Liverpool were strong favourites for the title.

And England in the WC ?
We`re bang in form are we ?

G

granner69

And England in the WC ?
We`re bang in form are we ?

There are eight or nine teams ahead of England in the betting. Our best price is about 33/1, with the worst price about 26/1.

I would say those odds reflect England's form.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
::p:
Not even Everton, in case you missed the vibe....

No way will everton give up without a fight. Ive spoken to evertonians eho say they would rather lose to city then beat city and give Liverpool a hand. Come kick off time it will be completely different.

firestorm

Warrant Officer
In the end it didn't really mean too much for us with Spuds and Manure losing. I didn't feel the usual gut wrenching loss feeling after the result though.

The whining from a minority of RS fans about us "not doing them a favour" in what was clearly a close game is very amusing though.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
In the end it didn't really mean too much for us with Spuds and Manure losing. I didn't feel the usual gut wrenching loss feeling after the result though.

The whining from a minority of RS fans about us "not doing them a favour" in what was clearly a close game is very amusing though.

Its not over yet. Still some twists to come.

firestorm

Warrant Officer
True. It's a funny old game, as Stevie Me would agree. I'm sure there's more slip ups to come.

Last edited:

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer

Hehe, its really stupid to expect other teams to do yours a favour and then moan about it afterwards when it doesn't happen. I remember Neil Warnock getting a total p1ssy-on when Benitez played a weakened team against Fulham right before a CL final - we lost and that helped send Warnock's Sheffield Utd down. I thought Everton played as well as you could expect, Barkley's goal and overall contribution to the game will see Everton do well to retain his services next season.

A league season plays out over 38 games, if you do your own business during those games you either avoid relegation, get into Europe or win the league. We went on a pretty incredible run winning 11 games on the trot - expecting that to extend to 14 was always a big ask - but ultimately having your last man slip with a striker on top of him, losing at home to Southampton and away to Hull, whilst committing suicide by passing the ball square across the back 4 straight to the opposing striker all collaborated in us probably not winning the league.

Still, my heart rate can now return to normal and await the next sale of tickets so we can start all over again next season. Thats the thing with football, you have little time in which to enjoy victories or contemplate the defeats before we all start again with zero points.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Bwahahahahahahahaha.........ahhh fcuk it:pDT_Xtremez_34:

Had the pot of gold in our hands then dropped the tw@tting thing on our foot.:pDT_Xtremez_31:

firestorm

Warrant Officer
That was an incredibly naive performance, they just got carried away with the emotion and lost their heads. You won't win titles with that defense.

It may hurt but the plus side is the improvement on last years 7th place finish. The challenge now comes with buying to improve the squad and increasing squad size to cope with the rigors of the CL. I have a feeling that this year was your best chance to win your first PL title. Its not over yet but you need a miracle.

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
Top of the league with one game to go - I'd have taken that last August!

The defence has been a common theme all season. That wasn't the first time we've conceded 3 goals in a game - we've just had the offensive firepower to counter it. At least with CL guaranteed, investment in the team, something we haven't had properly for 3-4 years, can take place and build on what is already a strong squad. However, we need to start havng faith in our youth setup which 10-12 years ago was the envy of most, if not all clubs in England. We always have had a reputation of young players breaking through and proving their worth, e.g. Fowler, Owen, McManaman, Carra to name but a few. Maybe a bit more investment in time and money in that area wouldn't go amiss?

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Piers Morgan tweeted he would leave twitter if liverpool finished above arsenal. So long piers you numpty.

@piersmorgan*@seandyson92*Piers, you tweeted that you would leave twitter if Liverpool finished above Arsenal in the Premier league