• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Links to pictures of RAFG

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
What have they done with my HAS site ffs? And I bet some turk is living in my house. GRRRRRRRRR. Wilders looks terrible with that train track in it :pDT_Xtremez_25:

G

GTFPDQ

Sh1t the only bit recognisable at D Dispersal (92) is the old engine running pan next to what was 47.

Wonder if the "pond" is still there? If its not, who was the lucky Fecker to get the job of draining it?

Scooby

LAC
:pDT_Xtremez_08: I Miss Laarbruch!!:pDT_Xtremez_08: Its a shame there is no where left to go besides Cyprus, but oh Germany!!!! :pDT_Xtremez_08: These pictures have brought back so many thoughts and drunken hazes! I can sort of remember walking past the Families Naafi by the main gate must sunday mornings on the way back to singley Straße, and the snow on the ground!! And where did Little City go.....oh this is too much for me!!!:pDT_Xtremez_34:

M

MoggyCattermole

Sad to see the sate of Wildenrath now.

Memory well jogged at seeing the cinema with the Naafi just behind it, used to live in the block just behind it .. ah the convienence !!

Happy days rememberd with a smile .. :pDT_Xtremez_28:

I

ianisme

At least Wildenrath is still used, although not as an airfield anymore. I checked it out on Google earth and it now has a train test track built on it.

Just thought I might share these few Phot's

Part of the closing down of Bruggen found a perfectly preserved Phantom in one of the Rubb Hangars. All that had happened was a engine fire and the engine removed, everything else was mint !

B*stards just chopped it up and skipped it !! it took just 30 minutes.

dantura

Geeky Fuelly Type
Anyone got any photo's of Bruggen?

Best years of my RAF life, but I was far too pi$$ed, travelling or sha££ing to take piccies.

In retrospect, I wish I had recorded more of my time there, but you never know at the time huh?

D

Mustang

Corporal
links to pictures of RAFGThe COC

links to pictures of RAFGThe COC

The COC at Wildenrath where I worked (?) was supposed to be bomb proof. It has dissappeared without trace! Eduw where have you gone?:pDT_Xtremez_28:

B

bazzacat

dantura said:

D

Indeed I do-

from 79-82, some at 14 sqn families day- I was only 12 in 1980, so be kind!

heres some pics i took, some are at 1980 14sqn families day

scan0041vx3.jpg

scan0016yi8.jpg

scan0018ms7.jpg

scan0023dl3.jpg

scan0024zo2.jpg

scan0025ts6.jpg

scan0026xl8.jpg

scan0028wq1.jpg

scan0029ex3.jpg

scan0032yk8.jpg

scan0033uj2.jpg

scan0034hf8.jpg

scan0035la6.jpg

scan0036ir4.jpg

scan0037tr1.jpg

scan0040en6.jpg

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
dantura said:

Best years of my RAF life, but I was far too pi$$ed, travelling or sha££ing to take piccies.

In retrospect, I wish I had recorded more of my time there, but you never know at the time huh?

D
I have a few of Bruggen & the area in a album.I'll scan them & post them later.

E

Ex-Stacker

Pictures

Pictures

Dantura...you pis5ed? Never.
What will worry you is that I know when you were there, where you were before & where you are now!!!

I know where big fat Kersh is as well...but he wasn't man enough to survive a RAFG tour & you could only manage 1!!!!

If you need any help...think back to Hairyford & Marham. I wasn't at Marham & I don't know Andy Squires!!

DeeBee

LAC
Links to pictures of RAFG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of these may bring back memories for an ex RAFG people

http://groups.msn.com/RAFLaarbruch

http://uk.msnusers.com/RAFWildenrath/shoebox.msnw

The Laarbruch link brings back memories. The Photos of Bill Hall (the first Brit to become a Karnival Prince and nicknamed "Der FlotteSchotte" by the locals) were taken by me for local Press, as a SAC Phot., serving in the Ground Photo Sect at the time

DeeBee

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Bill Hall!
He was a really nice bloke who became quite a legend in Weeze and Goch -and "Bill Hall Enterprises" comes imediately to mind when I think of him.
I met him a few times and he was quite an inspiration for any young entrepeneur (speeliin') - which I was not! He was one of the main forces behind retaining Laar-parts as an airport.
I believe he was an ex MT Driver or Clerk? Can anyone confirm this?
Unfortunately he died of a Heart attack in 2000/2001.

G

grumpyoldb

Bill Hall!
He was a really nice bloke who became quite a legend in Weeze and Goch -and "Bill Hall Enterprises" comes imediately to mind when I think of him.
I met him a few times and he was quite an inspiration for any young entrepeneur (speeliin') - which I was not! He was one of the main forces behind retaining Laar-parts as an airport.
I believe he was an ex MT Driver or Clerk? Can anyone confirm this?
Unfortunately he died of a Heart attack in 2000/2001.

Bill was an SAC clerk. Met and married a local girl etc.
He used to give german lessons in the Ed centre on some evenings, and work behind the Mally bar on others.

Sound chap.