• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Links to pictures of RAFG

P

POB

Has anyone got any pictures of Maas First School at Laarparts? I am very keen to get hold of a copy or two and will pay reasonable costs...

P

beer

SAC
We had our 2nd 16 Sqn Bucc Groundcrew reunion in Weeze last October down in "Kevins Bar" We had a fantastic weekend and Kevin would like you all to come back!

With regard to Laarbruch, it has been kept in a very tidy condition due to the airport. All the grass is cut regularly and if you drove from the camp entrance down to the terminal building it looks just like it did when the base was open.

The buildings are gradually being taken over by German and Dutch companies and the blocks on "Singly Strasse" are in the main, filled with Poles who work for a German cleaning company. The old Sgts mess is now called the "Royal Officers Club" and is rented out for functions. On the airfield side, the old 16 Sqn site by the QRA (sorry, don't know the Harrier Sqn which used it) is used as storage and a printing company has the main hanger. This side of the airfield is being used and is also kept tidy. However, the old 15 Sqn site over by the ATC tower is one huge building rubble site. The Golf course is completely overgrown and you would not think that one existed there.

We were impressed by what we saw and hopefully the Weeze council will make a success of it. There is also a museum which will be opening in March that is situated in the old church up by the cinema. They are also looking for things to put into it. We supplied photo's and a few other "gizzits".

O

Oh sir

On the airfield side, the old 16 Sqn site by the QRA (sorry, don't know the Harrier Sqn which used it)

3 Sqn if I remember rightly mate. 4 Sqn used the old II(AC) Sqn site, and 18 Sqn helos used the old XX Sqn area.

E

Exdogfukker

Here is a picture taken last year in Elmpt showing where my old flat used to be!!

Attachments

• P4100076.jpg
    P4100076.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 0
B

Burt

Found this in my attic this afternoon

Found this in my attic this afternoon

And scanned it in! ahh the old days!

Attachments

• Bruggen Postcard.JPG
    Bruggen Postcard.JPG