• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lets Get Rid of sausage2

Lets Get Rid of sausage2

• Get rid of sausage 2

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Keep sausage 2

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ROTORHEAD

Being a new contributer, though having viewed for a while, I thought I should have a little go. All the previous in this thread has been interesting stuff, Honest!
Nevertheless, it is very reassuring to see that even in these dark days of lean, drawdown, JPA, purpling, redundancy etc. etc. that some things stay very much in the traditional mould.
For instance, the Krill also known as Trenchards Brats, Splitbrains, Wheelies, Split ar5e5, Appo scum etc. still live in the belief that, despite all the evidence to the contrary, they are in some way better than those of us who can actually transmit brain function into work, at the hands end of our arms.
Don't get me wrong, they can be usefull "tools!" to send on small detachments as long as you are prepared to accept the risk of a number of screw ups.
Indeed some of this elite band , once they have had a reality chip inserted, can be reasonable human beings. Even if they were promoted on the easy (sumpy) trade boards of yesteryear.
So it is great to see that in the best traditions of the Royal Air Force, that of wheel re-invention, that having binned the Apprentice system, there is now talk of it being brought back. Hopefully this time it will be in a sensible format i.e. training the blerks/dori' rather than giving them two DE courses with lots of marching and PT thrown in.

T

tattyted

I look like Bruce Willis said:
tattyted, you young lady really need to learn about the importance of air power projection in the 21st century. were you not issued with AP 3000? If not see your boss or call in at the Force development centre. you might find air power crap but I think you will find that the Chief of Air Staff is keen on it.

As to QA, you seem to see it as unimportant, wrong wrong wrong. Without QA aircraft would not fly. Again if you do not understand QA speak with your boss or visit the LQA. You should know all about it as you must have signed for reading the Unit QA manual on your 4820a.

Moving on to LEAN, are you mad? Can you not see what a fantastic thing this is? Look at Cottesmore and the Pulse line, look at how good Lyneham was last year before the gains obtained by lean were destroyed at the start of this year. Morale at Lyneham must have dropped to an all time low now.

im not even going to reply to half of the things you have said except this one.... lean? fantastic? i dont think so. ive never been to cottesmore so i cant ever of seen the pulse line, but i assume that may be a bay? correct me if im wrong. not everyone can be right all of the time. and what do you mean lyneham was good last year? it put us all into a hell of a lot of misery and we couldnt wait for it to turn back to the old way! (ok so now you know where i work!) and as for the morale dropping to an all time low.... it couldnt be better... its at an all time high at the mo compared to last year and hopefully on the increase. the last year has been the worst time ever and now we're split j's and k's again its fantastic! try listening to the bods near the bottom that actually do the work and you'll see that what you office types proclaim doesnt actually work! as i said before, try getting out there and doing the work and then maybe you'll understand that changing something isnt always the best solution.:pDT_Xtremez_32: ::/:

I look like Bruce Willis

I Suck Like George Michael
tattyted said:
im not even going to reply to half of the things you have said except this one.... lean? fantastic? i dont think so. ive never been to cottesmore so i cant ever of seen the pulse line, but i assume that may be a bay? correct me if im wrong. not everyone can be right all of the time. and what do you mean lyneham was good last year? it put us all into a hell of a lot of misery and we couldnt wait for it to turn back to the old way! (ok so now you know where i work!) and as for the morale dropping to an all time low.... it couldnt be better... its at an all time high at the mo compared to last year and hopefully on the increase. the last year has been the worst time ever and now we're split j's and k's again its fantastic! try listening to the bods near the bottom that actually do the work and you'll see that what you office types proclaim doesnt actually work! as i said before, try getting out there and doing the work and then maybe you'll understand that changing something isnt always the best solution.:pDT_Xtremez_32: ::/:

I was involved with LEAN right from the start as part of the Stike command E2E review. Lyneham was one of the Stations picked for LEAN.

First a Technical Working Analysis Team was set up to look at the problems. Then a Station Logistic Analysis Group carried out a Value Stream Analysis. Thes two teams worked together to give the wonderfuly successful LEAN changes that happened at Lyneham at the end of 2004. Massive increases in aircraft servicabilty, enhanced job satisfaction for the troops and a huge rise in moral were all thanks to LEAN and the two groups working together.

K

kit

Down With Lean

Down With Lean

I Massive increases in aircraft servicabilty said:
You have obviously never been to Lyn then.

EVERYBODY form Sqn commanders down hated lean, but now we're back to sqns again eveyone in much happier, the line becasue thee a line again and not 5 differnt sections whos mname changed evey 2 weeks, and the aircrew because they know whos looking after their frames, and therefore their lives.

Spring has sprung at lyn, and evryone in enjoying being back home again, better job satifaction and higher moral.

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Kit

Don't jump for joy too soon. More changes are just around the corner for sunny Lyneham!

:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Bitburger

England 2010 Campaign
1000+ Posts
Billy Whizz said:
Kit

Don't jump for joy too soon. More changes are just around the corner for sunny Lyneham!

Come on then Billy ' fess up whats gonna happen?

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Civilianisation!!!

Industry is taking over and a farce is sure to ensue!

I look like Bruce Willis

tattyted said:
we're split j's and k's again its fantastic! l

Spilt the C130K and J are you crazy? What exactly is the point of that when both aircraft are exactly the same? The saving in manpower, time and the increase in aircraft avaliablity that operating these two identical aircraft gave must have been fantastic.
Wht split them? That is just a move backwards and will adversly affect morale.

K

kit

The K and J aircarft is nothing like each other- ones powered by elastic bands and clockwork, the other wiggly amps and hope! Oh and the ocasional hampster!

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I think young lady you will find they are EXACTLY the same, which is why they are both called Hercules.

Obviously you've been in the Pavilions too long and can't tell a J from a K!

Best you dig out your latest copy of Jane's or the RAF Yearbook and play spot the difference!

Big clue - the ones flying are J's!!!!!!

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
Bruce, please arrange a Visit, and I will subtlety point out the differences using my special teaching aid. You tit.

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I tel youl, no difference, exactly the same, easy to work on either type. which explains why they are both called HERCULES

And so speaks the expert - who has obviously worked both types! In his dreams!
:pDT_Xtremez_25:

I look like Bruce Willis

Billy Whizz said:
And so speaks the expert - who has obviously worked both types! In his dreams!
:pDT_Xtremez_25:

No I have not worked on the Hercules, however, I would love a job in the QA cell at Lyneham as judging by some of the poster on this forum, my skills and talent for enforcing regulation are sorely needed there. Unfortunately due to a series of mishaps, (non of which were my fault) I am no longer allowed to work on aircraft, Fortunately I embraced QA, Lits and LEAN, and feel I have found my true calling in life. I will not be drawn into an argument with you about the C130's, and refuse to even type a reply. They are both called Hercules, therefore they are both exactly the same.

Bitburger

England 2010 Campaign
1000+ Posts
Unfortunately due to a series of mishaps, (non of which were my fault) I am no longer allowed to work on aircraft, e.

Thank fcuk you are not allowed to work on aircraft, you are the type of SNCO I hate, you are the type that would pick on a young SNCO if he rang you from out of area asking for an extension that was not needed. I on the other hand just calmly explained to him the error of his ways and told him to think of it as a learning ex. You would have ridiculed him and destroyed his confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.