• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LEAN Where are we now

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Not so, they don't get to nominate themselves, it is done by their management, .

To get rid of them quickly and quietly like all the other sh1t that floated to the top of the pool. LEAN = BOLOX fluffy or other wise.

Last edited:

Roobsta

Corporal
Wow...115 on a sqn....now that would be nice.....3 weeks before christmas we had 18 people on shift...this included 1 civvy storeman, 10 SNCO's and above, 4 cpl's and 3 sac's (no J/T's as they have all been made acting cpl's).

The funny thing is the aircrew still expect to fly 4 turn 4 turn 4 or some other stupid prog with only 3 serviceable jets.

115 would be nice, I agree. BUT, This includes Engos, wobbly, rects cont, QA man, site manager et al. We are currently trying to run with 37 per shift. We will be losing 3 per trade (on the old 5 trade system), per shift! Trying to get leave in is fun (in a difficult kind of way). We used to have 3 per trade/per shift away at any one time. It will now be 3 per trade.

Bearing in mind that reduced manpower=more frequent guard=less people available to take leave, and the circle starts to get smaller. The good old FS's (bless 'em) are trying to look 9 weeks ahead to get the manning levels right. I can see in the not too distant future that "Right, bloggs, you need to take leave here, here and here" (/end of fake WW2 accent)

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
The good old FS's (bless 'em) are trying to look 9 weeks ahead to get the manning levels right. I can see in the not too distant future that "Right, bloggs, you need to take leave here, here and here" (/end of fake WW2 accent)

Well we already have 2 weeks sqn leave (had it last year as well) but it happens to fall in the most expensive time for summer hols......not that you are "forced" to take it, just "encouraged".....lol...i'll be saying feck em this year....some resettlement stuff to do.....

Crack on,........:pDT_Xtremez_09:

E

Edzar

I think it will get to the point where we will have to take 'block' leave as there's no way they can continue to let people go on leave when they want if they want to continue with their increase flying with so few engineers to fix the damn things.
Not what anyone wants I know, but I am sure if these so-called 'managers' get it sorted now, at least we will know when we can take our holidays.::p:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It wouldn't take long for some thrusting young jengo/sengo to recognise the opportunity for his workforce to be abled to blitz the jets whilst the aircrew are on their block leave...

If that happens when do you take yours?

E

Edzar

Vim I think you and I best shut up now before one of them steals one of our ideas and then we'll get lynched!!!:pDT_Xtremez_03:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Vim I think you and I best shut up now before one of them steals one of our ideas and then we'll get lynched!!!:pDT_Xtremez_03:

The ink is still wet on my GEMS form....:pDT_Xtremez_42:

dont tell the lean team here they missed that !!

the worlds gone fookin mad they will be leaning the ammount of toilet paper you can use next !!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

the worlds gone fookin mad they will be leaning the ammount of toilet paper you can use next !!

It already has here...wiping your arse is now incorporated with elements of CCS...We only get 3 pieces of paper and are told to 'Blot, bang and rub'.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee

I gotta ask...how can you lean 1 sheet of toilet paper ? Surely no-one elses uses more ?

One sheet, finger through the middle, wipe/scrape......sorted

Crack on......:pDT_Xtremez_09:

M

monobrow

£7m to show someone where to put their phone, pen pencil and eraser etc?

Strangely, they have already done this at EP&R at the swamplands. The idea being that everything has it's place, and you'll never need to look for a stapler as it's always in the box marked stapler. But the stupid thing........ a taped out box for "Mouse" one for "Keyboard" one for "Pen Holder" and then every segment is labeled with colour and type of writing implement to be stored in there. Next thing you'll need to tag out a ferkin pen to sign jobcards!

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Does it come in left and right handed versions?

:pDT_Xtremez_31: :pDT_Xtremez_31: :pDT_Xtremez_31: :pDT_Xtremez_31:

FFS don't ask them that !!! That'll cost us another 7 mill to investigate and then another 7 mill to implement....jeezzzz

Crack on.....:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
The idea being that everything has it's place, and you'll never need to look for a stapler as it's always in the box marked stapler. But the stupid thing........ a taped out box for "Mouse" one for "Keyboard" one for "Pen Holder" and then every segment is labeled with colour and type of writing implement to be stored in there. Next thing you'll need to tag out a ferkin pen to sign jobcards!

They tried that on me once - after 25 minutes the Squabbling Bleeder in charge came round to my way of thinking and agreed that it wasn't my office it was in fact a virtual garden shed where the lads came to relax, air their views, cry (on occasion) and receive enlightenment - it has been off limits to the lean team ever since

Hu