• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Labour, the baby kind

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
I'm hoping that as the pregancy progresses he does want to be there as I do think he will regret it if he's not. It's not because he doesn't want to support her during labour, he's worried he'll faint or freak out but I'm sure the midwives have seen those reactions before and prepared for them.

They leave you where you are unless you get in the way, then they move you. Otherwise your on your own. They are there for Mum, not a pussy of a Dad who faints...... That came from two of my cousins that are midwives. :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
Hemophobia (fear of blood) is quite common and this sounds like the main reason for your friend's bloke not wanting to take part in the delivery process.

The answer is for him to address his fear not avoid it. What would happen if a child was seriously injured but he was unable to do anything because of this fear.

There are many books, hypnosis tapes and MP3 hypnosis downloads to help him overcome his phobia. Just google 'fear of blood'.

My personal belief is 'if you can't be there for the birth, don't be there for the conception', but on the other hand a strong 'birth partner' is better than one that wimps out at the last minute.

was present at our second sons birth (first one came out the sunroof). Not over keen at the time but midwife told me to get in delivery room. Looking back now i wouldnt have missed it for the world.

laboratoryqueen

Dr Midget Midgetson
Yes it's reviving an old thread but these things do take a while.

She's had the baby tonight, a boy, only 5 pounds, thought it would be bigger as she was huge, had him by c section so her lad managed to get out of being there anyway.

At least now she's had the baby she can start getting ready to do her side of the parachute jump.

Congrats mate and welcome little Cameron.

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
...had him by c section so her lad managed to get out of being there anyway...
Lucky bugger escaped the wrath of his missus ::/:
I was there for the birth of both my lads and I wouldn't have had it any other way; was the proudest moment (x2) of my life (must be a hereditry thing seeing as my dad actually delivered my sister :pDT_Xtremez_19:)

Congrats to your mate BTW.

Last edited:

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
glad everything went well i was there for the births of my two girl (previous marrige) and wouldnt have been anywhere else

me and mrs mmj are expecting our first boy in the next 3 weeks cant wait

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I think it's important for at least one of the parents to be present at the birth.:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Congrats to Mandy. I'm going to buy her a really big button..:pDT_Xtremez_19:

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Birthing!

Birthing!

First of all congrats to your mate.

I've been present at all my kids first appearances.

First child, girl, born using ventouse (she had to be assissted out of my missus with a hoover!).

Second child, boy, emergency c-section, was sat right there and saw everything!

Third child, girl, she got stuck and needed the bag bursting (it was like a masive water bomb going off!).

Fourth child, due to be a girl, due in the next 6 weeks or so!

It's an amazing experience, I'd encourage any father to be there (you can always stay at the pleasant end!) and in my experience they've all been different!

Just don't ask the midwife to stick a couple of extra stitches in......:pDT_Xtremez_15::pDT_Xtremez_24:

HTB

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
I think it's important for at least one of the parents to be present at the birth.:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Very true.
They didn't encourage fathers to be present in 1971.
When my son was being hatched, she'd been in labour for 38 hours and was knackered. I got sent home with the homily "nothing's going to happen tonite". Hah!

So down to the Hobb Inn and a few beers slid down very well. My mate jerry & I then went back to his place and he cooked up a couple of boiled eggs at about half two. His missus came down and gave us a bit of GBH of the ear mostly on account of egg yolk all over her clean floor.

The following morning, I woke, surprisingly clear-headed and raced to the phone box (we didn't have house phones at Quarters in those far-off days) and rang the Hospital. It was 6am and the nurse said that both were doing well, if exhausted. "Can I come down now?"
"Well, she's not been cleaned up yet"
"I'm on my way"

The hill from the Hobbins to Bridgenorth hospital is quite steep but I made the trip in record time and there he was. The nurse said "you're obviously the Father" and passed my first-born son to me; unbathed covered in drying bloody goo, with a bulllet head like a Norman helmet.

It was magic. To this day, I don't know if I'd have liked to be there, but I'd probably have sat at the head end and bathed the fevered brow.

:S

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
...Just don't ask the midwife to stick a couple of extra stitches in......:pDT_Xtremez_15::pDT_Xtremez_24:

And it's definitely not the right time to get a stiffy as you watch the mid-wife slip a few fingers in... but it is there "in the Bank" for many years afterward :pDT_Xtremez_29:.