• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Int Trade Legends

Kryten

Warrant Officer
So, we have had the legend that is Mick Nash on the Goat's hallowed pages, and I have to admit that some of the stories had me in tears.

Is there anyone else out there that qualifies as a trade legend, past or present, through their antics or exploits (good or bad)? Was there someone in your career who had a profound effect on the way your career developed, either in a positive or negative way?

Realist78

Master of my destiny
A certain FS, nickname Louie, at Coningsby in the late 80s/90s was a legend for being a cnut. I'll give him one thing, he was fcuking good at it and taught most of his guys how 'not to be' in the future.

3wheeledtechie

Sergeant
So, we have had the legend that is Mick Nash on the Goat's hallowed pages, and I have to admit that some of the stories had me in tears.

Is there anyone else out there that qualifies as a trade legend, past or present, through their antics or exploits (good or bad)? Was there someone in your career who had a profound effect on the way your career developed, either in a positive or negative way?

Yes, but he's still in, and a good mate, so I dare not spill the beans as to who he is, for the sake of his "career". Suffice to say if you worked on the big cats you may have heard of some of his exploits as an SAC. His leaving speech from EES took a good half hour, and that was eliminating some of the incidents.

How about Mxxxx xxxxw, Sxxx Cxxxx, SSSSSSSI Vxxxxxs and good old Axxx Pxxxx Ex Sploosher but good bloke anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Is a very short Int An still kicking around with the initial RH? He was famous for remaining in a rank for three times longer than everyone else in his trade, who appeared to catch him up and pass him at alarming speed.

Sir Salty Helmet,

hmmmm, edited for persec.

A thread that follows on from one about a previous legend, Mick Nash mentioned many times in the past and not edited. Plus all those mentioned are now out of the mob!

As for RH I cannot vouch for his whereabouts all I know is that he not at my location, I least I think not. A lot of dwarfes here, plenty that shoot wildlife, a lot that sound like local Elmer Fudd's, but not too many that can engage in pointless conversation for hours on end! So he could be hiding in a drawer somewhere ready to pounce on the insuspection but I think not.

I have been out and had a cutdown desk and chair prepared though!

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
Sir Salty Helmet,

hmmmm, edited for persec.

A thread that follows on from one about a previous legend, Mick Nash mentioned many times in the past and not edited. Plus all those mentioned are now out of the mob!

As for RH I cannot vouch for his whereabouts all I know is that he not at my location, I least I think not. A lot of dwarfes here, plenty that shoot wildlife, a lot that sound like local Elmer Fudd's, but not too many that can engage in pointless conversation for hours on end! So he could be hiding in a drawer somewhere ready to pounce on the insuspection but I think not.

I have been out and had a cutdown desk and chair prepared though!

Whoa there Neddy!

I am not a spook, there is no spook moderator. I saw names, and short of trawling the global address list I had no idea who was in or out. If you had said they were all out it wouldnt be a problem really.

It has always been known that Mick Nash was out now.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Is a very short Int An still kicking around with the initial RH? He was famous for remaining in a rank for three times longer than everyone else in his trade, who appeared to catch him up and pass him at alarming speed.

Thats a very good question - when I left in 2005 I was aware of SAC's that had worked under him now getting their 3rd - should be quite amusing!!

flintwich

Corporal
Thats a very good question - when I left in 2005 I was aware of SAC's that had worked under him now getting their 3rd - should be quite amusing!!

If RH was short and he had people working under him, they must be the size of mini-me.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Stop maligning the poor bloke.

Everyone knows he was a giant among equals. Just a pity those equals were lepricorns and elves!

I remember a bit of an urban legend - when he was on Shiney 2 he was asked by the recce leader for a met update for Marham when the Sqn were on an exercise in Belgium. Apaprently, rather than phone up the Ops desk for a complete update he calls the Guardroom.

During aircrew outbrief, recce leader asks him for Met info, and is told "well, its sunny at Marham but a bit windy - possibility of rain later".

Priceless...

I remember a bit of an urban legend - when he was on Shiney 2 he was asked by the recce leader for a met update for Marham when the Sqn were on an exercise in Belgium. Apaprently, rather than phone up the Ops desk for a complete update he calls the Guardroom.

During aircrew outbrief, recce leader asks him for Met info, and is told "well, its sunny at Marham but a bit windy - possibility of rain later".

Priceless...

Priceless and True!! I was on the TLP in question and the look on the faces off all within earshot was priceless!! On the same exercise he was placed upside down in an barrel full of iced water in the MURF that had been used for cooling beer. He was rescued by some Germans and saved from almost certain death by drowning!! Well..people were drunk!!

He is currently here, at the Big J, but not for too much longer apparently. Civvy street beckons for RH.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Priceless and True!! I was on the TLP in question and the look on the faces off all within earshot was priceless!! On the same exercise he was placed upside down in an barrel full of iced water in the MURF that had been used for cooling beer. He was rescued by some Germans and saved from almost certain death by drowning!! Well..people were drunk!!

He is currently here, at the Big J, but not for too much longer apparently. Civvy street beckons for RH.

You may also remember his attempt at digging the RIC pond....rarely have I seen so much concrete laid to waste...

fatal

Corporal
How about P*** H****** aka Midge - such as his Sectarian night in the rugby club at brampton in early 90s, his best trick though was getting agreement to open up rugby club after we finished guard shift - only he forgot to mention we were on nights and harry staish went ape as he drove past at 8am to see us all getting merrily hammered outside the rugby club as rest of station were going to work.

B

billy bollox

A certain FS, nickname Louie, at Coningsby in the late 80s/90s was a legend for being a cnut. I'll give him one thing, he was fcuking good at it and taught most of his guys how 'not to be' in the future.

"mmm Best you learn to tow with yer teeth!!" and " Transport!!!????, yer standing on it!"

I

Inch High PI

RH, I was one of his SAC's in 2001 and I am now the same rank as him. Our WO at the time was the legend that is P*t O'N**l and on more than one occasion he would either tell us to:

a. "Stop bullying the Sgt"

b. "Stop showing the Sgt how to do his job, he should know by now".

S

Sy V

RH is a nobody whose uniform was specially procured from Palitoy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palitoy).

I've just mentioned these two (in the Nash thread) who joined and left as Plotters:
Knocker Preston. Who persuaded me to take my motorbike to bits and, whilst renovating it, store the pieces in my room in MacDonald block (only for it to be discovered at the next CO's inspection). He also turned a blind eye to his peers who formed the ISAP club. I'll let someone else enlighten readers on that one.
Bob Stewart. The trades most senior (ever) Plotter. Who had many a practical joke in his repertoire. My favourite of which was to walk up to someone he knew (but disliked) towards the front of the meal queue in the Airmen's Mess and then fall to the ground screaming that he'd been punched. Said individual was removed from the queue (for questioning) and Bob would miraculously recover and take his queue place.

Last edited:
Anyone got any Int on the whereabouts of Snedds? (Stu Sneddon)

I imagine he is ****ed-up in a real ale pub somewhere in Wiltshire, but I've not heard of any sightings of him for a good few years.