• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How do you know when time has passed !

NigeC

Corporal
I received an invation to a wedding the other other week - nothing strange in that but it got me thinking.

Many moons ago at RAF Nicosia in '82, I was on duty crew for possible medivacs and got the call to get the Whirlwind 10 out of the hangar and onto the line for a preggy medivac to Dhekalia.

The SNCO I/C of the duty ground crew just happened to be, the father to be and we "negotated" a crate or two of beer to get the aircraft out on time :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Suffice to say, baby boy was delivered at Dhekalia in a safe and timely manner and crates of beer was duly received :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Back to the wedding invite - Same boy who was delivered safely - How old - 29 - Where did the time go :raf:

or

I held my grand daughter in my arms when she was 8 hours old, last week, or so it appears - She is now 15, going on 32 :pDT_Xtremez_42: and someone knows who has who wrapped around their little finger :pDT_Xtremez_30: but I would have it no other way

Question - Has any other Goater had something happen to them and made them realise how much time had passed.

Last edited:

Major Geek

Sergeant
You know time has passed when....

You know time has passed when....

....you are working with people who were born after you joined up!

G

gemarriott

I walked into the hangar at Duxford to see a training nuke on an s type trolley.

Suddenly my youth was a museum exhibit:pDT_Xtremez_09:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
When you drive past a gateguard aircraft and realise you have hours logged on it...in fact that was depressing!

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
What feels like a year or so ago I went in my brand new off the forecourt rover 25 pearescent black reg Y81 WST to the hospital to bring home for the first time my little 2 day old niece. She was 10 2 weeks ago! :(

Toonman

SAC
Having twice had to stand up and and give a Father's speech at weddings of daughters you soon realise that your life will soon be over.

It doesn't seem so long ago that I was changing nappies.

G

grumpyoldb

When you handed in your f1250 and were told that you would have to wait 30 years for your preserved pension and remember thinking, "I'll never live that long". Now you realise it's just two weeks away. :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Inevertouchedit

Flight Sergeant
You know you're getting on when you wonder why you bother taking down the Christmas decorations as it comes around so bl**dy quickly again.

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
....you are working with people who were born after you joined up!

Tell me about it! I reached my 18 year point a couple of weeks ago and I go to recruiting events talking to kids who were but a scratch in the milkman's undies when I joined. It's even worse when there's kids who weren't born when I joined who I'm now calling "sir".

Studley dangerfcuk

Flight Sergeant
When you remember your mates having a new kid then ending up instructing the kids. On another note, 38 and a grandfather by feck times fly, but I wouldn't change it.

Studley stfustfu

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
When you start wondering if you'll ever see your own grandchild?

When your approaching the age of your father - when he died?

When you meet previously go-get-em active people from once buzzing Stations and Squadrons - but now they look so "old"?

...How on earth did that happen?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
When "you" look in the mirror and the "you" in your thoughts is no longer there, an old bloke who looks a little like your dad is staring back at you.

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
When you start wondering if you'll ever see your own grandchild?

When your approaching the age of your father - when he died?

When you meet previously go-get-em active people from once buzzing Stations and Squadrons - but now they look so "old"?

...How on earth did that happen?

When you meet mates you haven't seen in fifteen years, and you still have a full head of hair. Unlike them....

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
When you enter a club with your (much, much younger) partner. A Club which is lethal on its door policy, but who when they take one look at you open the door wide and welcome you as "Sir".

Actually. Its $hit. I preferred to be thrown out a some punk.

Studley dangerfcuk

Flight Sergeant
When you enter a club with your (much, much younger) partner. A Club which is lethal on its door policy, but who when they take one look at you open the door wide and welcome you as "Sir".

Actually. Its $hit. I preferred to be thrown out a some punk.

You lying piece of sh!t

Studley ::D:::D:

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
I ha\d to go to a garage 30miles away to pick up my 'van.
I got taken there by my Grandson; when did he learn to drive ??
yesterday, was it ?