• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Half Warrants

G

Grumpyoldflight

Isn't it about time we had WO2s? The navy introduced the WO2 rank last year. so why is the RAF dragging its feet?

It's about time Flight Sergeants were recognised for the work they do!!

I

ilovegunt69

Grumpyoldflight said:
Isn't it about time we had WO2s? The navy introduced the WO2 rank last year. so why is the RAF dragging its feet?

It's about time Flight Sergeants were recognised for the work they do!!

could u please enlightem wat f**king work do flight sergeants do?
apart from being on the golf course

Sod the WO's, they can look after themselves.

Its about time that we had a proper rank between SAC and Cpl open to all trades, so that you don't get the farcical situation whereby an Army L/Cpl who has been in about 2 minutes is telling a 10 year SAC what to do.

The Army just don't seem to realise that on the whole the RAF gives an SAC a lot more responsibility than the Army gives a L/Cpl.

Yes I know responsibility isn't rank but shouldn't they go together, especially in this increasingly Tri-service (Army run) environment?

F

Full-PHAT-Roller

AND, the RAF also needs to realise that medics and ATC shouldn't be gettin' their tapes after 2 minutes. Yes I'm bitter and fcuk anyone from those trades who argues.

I've gotta go through an extra rank, so should they (not suggesting they should have J/T's of course, that's too good for them!), or at least have promotion delayed. I loathe the thought of some piss wet through Charlie Papa Lima of a lesser trade who's been in for no time givin' me grief.

The only redeeming fact is that I'm probably on more dosh than their wobblies!!!

A

aes69

2 things if I may?

1. What the fook is a half warrant? A WO2 is a full warrant officer, there seems to be some confusion in the RAF about rank & appointments (not for the doc's before a smart arse pipes up).

2. A J/T is mumbling about rank?! You get paid more than the jumped up ranks your moaning about, and most techies don't acknowledge rank outside their own trade anyway.

So whats this thread about, army ranks, or the RAF's standing against army ranks?

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Full-PHAT-Roller said:
AND, the RAF also needs to realise that medics and ATC shouldn't be gettin' their tapes after 2 minutes. Yes I'm bitter and fcuk anyone from those trades who argues.

I've gotta go through an extra rank, so should they (not suggesting they should have J/T's of course, that's too good for them!), or at least have promotion delayed. I loathe the thought of some piss wet through Charlie Papa Lima of a lesser trade who's been in for no time givin' me grief.

The only redeeming fact is that I'm probably on more dosh than their wobblies!!!

If your a techie mate you got 2 ranks extra to get through, JT and CT. ;)

looked over again?

looked over again?

sounds like the promotion board forgot to put grumpyoldflight :mad: near the top of their list...

personally as a happy-go-lucky :D and not-so-old flight I don't want to be a WO2 instead...or for that matter a WO1...and as for flight seargeants doing a lot of work...per-lease :p

N

North Sea Tiger

Full-PHAT-Roller said:
AND, the RAF also needs to realise that medics and ATC shouldn't be gettin' their tapes after 2 minutes.

No argument here mate and I am ex TG9 !! .. I didnt even get offered my tapes before I left after 12 years and the last I heard they were giving tapes to any TG9 SAC who could shave (and yes that does include some of the females !!) .. and a lot of the guys I knew who got promoted I wouldnt trust with a with a tv remote control !!

Wo2?

Wo2?

I understand that grumpy (or is it grampy). If you want everyone to call you sir why not do a 2 week KFS course at Cranwell :rolleyes:

Wo2??

Wo2??

OOOPPPSS! you cant. you have to be a WO to get on that course. Oh well, i'll not be doing it either then.

Less grumpy and not all that old Flight Sergeant

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
I loathe the thought of some piss wet through Charlie Papa Lima of a lesser trade who's been in for no time givin' me grief.

A lesser trade? May I take this opportunity to bow in front of you!

Promotion does indeed suck in TG9 but thats what happens when the powers that be "have a really good idea" that may get them a promotion. Oops did I say may? I meant did get him a promotion.

G

gloriousglenn

We should take a leaf out of the Army's book with regards to all of this.

Once you get to 22 years you either take your commission or get out. That way we get rid of the crusties and everybody get's promoted quicker.

We may lose experience in some ranks, but overall it would work and we then wouldn't have the need for a thread like this!!! ;)

P

ponderosa69

not being funny it sounds like its a power thing just wanting 2 be called SIR, PATHETIC I THINK

A

aes69

Confused.......... very.

Why should we lose all the experience (and by that, the RAF focus' on pilots & techies) to civ street when we can keep them on. Theres a good idea hey, lets lose all our experience, and spend more money on trg young people for less time in the job meaning worse equipment and support.............. you're not hoping for a job in the Cabinet are you?

And whats the deal with the 'Sir' thing?

G

goatblower

aes69 said:
2. A J/T is mumbling about rank?! You get paid more than the jumped up ranks your moaning about, and most techies don't acknowledge rank outside their own trade anyway.
other trades?....outside techies?.....are you sure???? I have heard of such things but when I am at work at 2 in the AM, all I see are techies........

I

ICATQ

Wg Cdr ComfeyChair-Smyth said:
Its about a one way rail ticket - Half Warrant.

Thats what I thought.

Anyway to solve the issue, we should move over to the US system of having rank grades in numerical sequence (OR 1, 2, 3 etc). This would cut out all the pointless comparisons across the 4 services and when we send blokes to work along side the yanks they can sort of get a grip on our rank structure as it is the same as theirs.

Right, brew time. :)