• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Granny Gets the Death Sentence

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The defence for this lady stated that threats of harm and even death were made against her children if she didn't do the courier job...Now I don't know how true this is but it begs the question of all on here who are calling for the sentence to be carried out....

If your kids were threatened by a gang and the only option was to do a job like this what would you do?

Risk it and blab to the police but accept that one of your own may come to harm or worse death?

or

Accept that you've not much choice and try to carry it out?

Obviously the latter choice doesn't really guarantee safety or being let off the hook either...

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
When you put it that way Vim, I think anyone would have to admit that one of your offspring has to be your biggest weakness. Even a spouses welfare would come after them.

G

gemarriott

The defence for this lady stated that threats of harm and even death were made against her children if she didn't do the courier job...Now I don't know how true this is but it begs the question of all on here who are calling for the sentence to be carried out....

If your kids were threatened by a gang and the only option was to do a job like this what would you do?

Risk it and blab to the police but accept that one of your own may come to harm or worse death?

or

Obviously the latter choice doesn't really guarantee safety or being let off the hook either...

Still her own fault, if you mix with scum like that in the first place you can't come crying foul when they turn on you.

Sympathy? yep between sh1t and syphilis in most dictionaries.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Still her own fault, if you mix with scum like that in the first place you can't come crying foul when they turn on you.

Sympathy? yep between sh1t and syphilis in most dictionaries.

You missed the point...it was an open question to all not specifically about her. As I said, I don't know what the truth is in her case.

G

gemarriott

You missed the point...it was an open question to all not specifically about her. As I said, I don't know what the truth is in her case.

OK in general terms anybody being threatened by drug dealers are generally addicts, pushers or other criminal types and generally not decent law abiding respectable folk. So speaking generally let the barstewards swing

he_who_dares_rodney

Flight Sergeant
I don't think she'll hang or face any firing squad.
In atempt to save £2 worth of bullets we'll drop £40 million worth of aid or knock it off a defence contract.
It seems to be the way forward:
"Hello this is the UK Goverment you have one of our druggies in nick can I intrest you in some half price Typhoons or a new gold plated Rolls"

As to her case there's more to this than meets the eye I read a while back it had been a sting operation and her squealing / aiding was leading to a number of ex pats sudden;y finding they had an urgent hair appointment in another country they just had to make.

Apperently her and her co horts attracted attention by living the high life with no disernable income to back it up.
IIRC one of them went bankrupt in the UK and a few months later was buying villas and boats etc with cash

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber

or

Hang on.
At over 20 years old each, shouldn't they know what they are about ?

If true, this will get her a few 7.65s in short order