• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

got my medical date through.

gray

Sergeant
Nothing like dragging up an old post.
I am currently in Cyprus, as my wife is still serving, and had arranged to have my medical and fitness test done over here at RAF Akrotiri. Unfortunately, as Capita now have the contract, I am required to return to the Uk at personal expense to have the medical done. So here's hoping that all goes well, because if it doesn't, then i'll be struggling to get back to the UK within 30 days to sort it. Air travel isn't cheap, especially not during the summer months.
Fingers crossed.

No chance of indulging ? Do you not get warrants/flights home from Cyprus nowadays....

Might help with costs

Matt-r8

LAC
Indulgence is on a fill up basis only. So should be possible, but if i need to be back for something important (like a medical), then i'll have to fly civvies.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Mat, unfortunately I'm on leave so I can't check the details with the right person (and I think she's off scuba diving anyway) but I thought that if you were serving personnel in Cyprus your medical could be completed there. Can you hold until I've had a chance to check this out on Monday?

got my medical this week

got my medical this week

Hi,

I'm just wondering how in depth they go with the medical? I had a ankle injury playing football 2 years ago, it wasn't a break just a really bad sprain and ligament damage but will they want to hear about that? Also when I was about 16 I had a op on my eye lids, nothing to do with my eye sight so not necessarily an eye op but again should it be declared. I suppose Ill find out this week but just wanted to check as might have to get a letter from the GP to say all is well.

Any advise would be great, cheers.