• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

got my medical date through.

Okay so I have just received an email with a date for my medical i'm just wondering is there is anything I should be worried about lol in pretty good shape so I think it should go okay. Also how long does this medical examination last. As my appointment is at 16:10 lol

medical

medical

Okay so I have just received an email with a date for my medical i'm just wondering is there is anything I should be worried about lol in pretty good shape so I think it should go okay. Also how long does this medical examination last. As my appointment is at 16:10 lol

If you've had any medical issues at all, I would get your GP to write a letter summarising what treatment, medication etc you had just to be on the safe side.

Never had any medical issues although I used to suffer with migraines but haven't had one for quite a few years. Other then that everything's normal lol I'm going for RAF Regt

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
If it's not an Air Force medical and is with a private company, don't forget they are paid for re-tests as well as tests. It's not always in their interests to pass the perfectly healthy where they might squeeze another few quid out of it in a re-test, and they don't. This is a known problem.

Just saying.

Oh what *******s lol medical is at CAPITA HEALTH SOLUTIONS
In London Was hoping it was going to be a bit nearer as train fare isn't exactly cheap lol will be worth it in the long run

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Craig; I've just checked and the criteria is that your medical should be within 40 miles of your home address. Do you live near London?

It's 53 miles there. Train costs 36 quid off peak and 64 peak aha not that bothered by travelling as means the process goes quicker

Last edited:

Mag2grid

Corporal
It's 53 miles there. Train costs 36 quid off peak and 64 peak aha not that bothered by travelling as means the process goes quicker

Craig - I have been to that clinic, I would HIGHLY suggest you get a letter from your GP stating that you have no current issue with migraines and how long you have been clear of them. I'd also go one step further and see if your GP will commit to a letter stating that he/she cant see any medical issue that would make you unfit for military service.

I would also obtain if you can a copy of medical history to give to the doctor upon your arrival.

Oh brilliant thanks mag. I shall try and do that tomorrow as my medical is on Monday. I'm guessing that clinic likes to get people in for re tests as a money making scheme.

Mag2grid

Corporal
Oh brilliant thanks mag. I shall try and do that tomorrow as my medical is on Monday. I'm guessing that clinic likes to get people in for re tests as a money making scheme.

Couldnt possibly comment on the motive for the high number of re examination of candidates at certain Capita Clinics. My own personal experience is that it took more then 2 medicals for me to pass, and I have to undergo a health assessment every year for my day job, which didn't correlate with what was being found by Capita.

That's terrible. ..I shall certainly be going to my doctors tomorrow to get a letter or two lol

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Why don't we issue warrants anymore? This chap is travelling for our benefit to have a medical?

Just phoned my gp and to print me a letter will cost 30 quid and they said won't be able to get it done by Monday.

Just phoned my gp and to print me a letter will cost 30 quid and they said won't be able to get it done by Monday.

It may be an idea to get down to your GPs surgery and be a bit of a nuisance, see if that changes their mind. I'm currently waiting for a re-med, I was told it could be anywhere from 2-4 months before they manage to get me a date, so you really don't want to be getting fobbed off by Capita if you can avoid it pal.

Best of luck

Yeah I have just finished work so going to the gym then going to go into my doctors and ask in person

Mag2grid

Corporal
Why don't we issue warrants anymore? This chap is travelling for our benefit to have a medical?

Its an odd one, do they still issue Rail Warrants for OASC? Been 7 years now since I went so dont know if it still happens.

I am in the process of writing my up experience of attempting to join to send to SO3 Auggie recruitment at Cranwell, if he/she reads it or not is up to them, but in a time where you are trying to up recruitment there are simple mistakes being made which are putting a lot of candidates off.

Yeah I have just finished work so going to the gym then going to go into my doctors and ask in person

How did you get on with your quack? Its not the end of the world if you didn't manage to force a letter out of him/her, you may stumble across a reasonable doc at Capita, you never know!

Mag2grid

Corporal
If he's going where I think he is then he'll need the letters.

good luck for today, let us know how you get on.