• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

got my medical date through.

Hoggy

LAC
Sorry to hear about your hiccups with the medical. Got my medical and fitness test booked for 14th April and it sounds like im lucky as the RAF are doing my medical at Honington. I believe im in the very last batch before they move over to capita!

You lucky sod aha would make sense to do the medical all in house rather then getting a 3rd party doing them

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mag2grid

Corporal
Sorry to hear about your hiccups with the medical. Got my medical and fitness test booked for 14th April and it sounds like im lucky as the RAF are doing my medical at Honington. I believe im in the very last batch before they move over to capita!

Very strange!

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts

Ours are still done through Wittering I think, with the fitness test booked for the same day.

Hoggy

LAC
Not sure why its strange? My recruiting officer wants to get as many through on the old system as he can before they move over to capita as he says they can be a pain. I'm hoping to join 2623 reserve sqn so not sure that makes a difference?

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Could be because there is no Capita clinic within the specified distance?

I think its more the nature of the squadron. Mine is a local recruitment squadron with comparable air force station with similar roles, but many more are moving to city locations or nationally recruited to fill numerous roles, that offer multi functional phase one and two training to numerous non-locations specific roles - they don't have a distinct purpose (like Logs for example).

This is the distinction as far as I can tell.

Hoggy

LAC
Passed my medical today! Unfortunately we couldn't do the fitness test as the gym has had a power outage, gutted i couldn't get it done and dusted all in one hit but never mind i have got the medical out of the way! It feels good to have fit for service on my records!

Hoggy

LAC
I have had my passport and birth certificate etc copied a while ago so couldn't put a timescale on how long it takes, I do already have CTC clearance through my civvie job though

Mag2grid

Corporal
You'll still have to go through NSV, I'm CTC current with The Job, doesn't seem to have sped the process up any!

Finally got my re test through :) got another medical on the 20th of May ...so not long now :)

Hoggy

LAC
​Good luck with the medical today pal. Got my start date through for the reserves for next month! Cant believe its actually happening!

Mag2grid

Corporal
​Good luck with the medical today pal. Got my start date through for the reserves for next month! Cant believe its actually happening!

Once you get over the ballache that is the medical process it does go very quickly.

Complete waste of time as got there and they didn't have my medical details from what my gp had sent. ..capita in London had them and I got sent to kingshill so yet some more waiting

Hoggy

LAC
Complete waste of time as got there and they didn't have my medical details from what my gp had sent. ..capita in London had them and I got sent to kingshill so yet some more waiting

Sorry to hear that, what a pain in the arse!

Yeah it is a right pain...at least next time it should be right on my door step...apparently there is a clinic about 7miles from me so I've requested to go there.