• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

got my medical date through.

Have emailed them bit didn't complain to much lol my recruiter is off atm so playing the waiting game again.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Well got another medical...3rd time lucky haha got to go all the way to Romford this time..can't wait till this medical part is done and dusted.

Only 62 miles haha so 124 mile round trip ...ergh

Last edited:
medical was canceled

medical was canceled

Just a quick update. .medical was canceled due to the doctor being sick.

Another days holiday wasted.

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
Oh what *******s lol medical is at CAPITA HEALTH SOLUTIONS
In London Was hoping it was going to be a bit nearer as train fare isn't exactly cheap lol will be worth it in the long run

Well! Well! Capita has a vile reputation in NHS circles.

Getting beyond a joke now..so much messing around. Can't wait till the medical is done.

Tally80

LAC
Hhhmmm.... Got my medical on 16th for Regiment, after reading all these posts and the "reputation" of this Capita company I won't hold my breath.
reads and sounds like the RAF need to look at other avenues as I've yet to read a positive thing about them.

good Luck!

Good luck with your medical with a bit of luck you'll go straight through ..although if you've had anything medically done in the past..operations or anything your bound to be called back. They request more information from your gp so they can see your medical history. Then 2nd medical is like a review so isn't a full re med.

Tally80

LAC
That's good then.
mine is on 16th, planning on going to docs before to have a full MOT done before so can take it with me to try cover some bases, been reading loads about Capita and it appears they have to fail so many and pass so many so will TRY find any reason to fail where they can.

Yeah I was going to do that but costs about 30 quid for you doctor to do it. Plus don't think capita take much notice on that anyway. Aha

Mag2grid

Corporal
Will make no difference getting a private medical done and bringing it with you mate, they assess you "as presented on the day". Short of wheeling your GP out at the medical complete with all your notes to answer any questions be prepared for re med.

Tally80

LAC
Hopefully, won't be or need re med. everything sailed through before and had nothing since. We shall but see.

Tally80

LAC
It just seems so annoying how they seem so keen to bin people off for what turns out to be absolutely nothing (although I can understand why they do it) surely MOD & RAF are wondering where all the money goes?

I hope that on Monday my medical will be all done and dusted. Got my review ...only meant to of had it about 3 times now haha 1st time i got there my paper work wasn't there. Then 2nd time it got canceled because doctor was ill so let's hope Monday goes to plan.

With the review do they just talk about your medical history etc?

Mag2grid

Corporal
I hope that on Monday my medical will be all done and dusted. Got my review ...only meant to of had it about 3 times now haha 1st time i got there my paper work wasn't there. Then 2nd time it got canceled because doctor was ill so let's hope Monday goes to plan.

With the review do they just talk about your medical history etc?

on my first "review" the "doctor" looked at the letters I got from my GP to answer his questions he raised in the first medical, he then found something else he wasn't happy with. He sent me away with another letter to give to my GP for explaination on a phantom ailment that I've never had.

At my second "review" the doctor looked at all the comments, letters and signed me off. I hasten to add it wasn't the same doctor I saw at my first and second appointment.

As as has been said the RAF are aware of the issue, it's highlighted by nearly every intake at Halton and Cranwell. Sadly they are locked into a contract for the next 5 years.

Blimey I thought I've been getting messed around..sounds like you've had it bad to. Well I'm just praying that this review goes well. And yeah same here. Haven't had the same doctor either.

Finally been declared fit!

Finally been declared fit!

Yay my medical is finally over. Now waiting on my date for pre joining fitness test :)

2.4km time currently 9:04
50 pushups
49 situps ish

Last edited:

Matt-r8

LAC
Nothing like dragging up an old post.
I am currently in Cyprus, as my wife is still serving, and had arranged to have my medical and fitness test done over here at RAF Akrotiri. Unfortunately, as Capita now have the contract, I am required to return to the Uk at personal expense to have the medical done. So here's hoping that all goes well, because if it doesn't, then i'll be struggling to get back to the UK within 30 days to sort it. Air travel isn't cheap, especially not during the summer months.
Fingers crossed.