• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Field Gunner Vid

7.62_ape

Top video on you tube at the moment showing the final ranges of the course at senny

Puts some of the party line videos to shame

Just a pitty that the last course will be running later this year.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Pity the music got in the way of some of the talking.
But a fascinating bit of film.

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

G

GmanJock

quite a few of the lads i was on Basics with before re-trading were down at Senny the other week, and they got beasted from all sides, everyone of the boys loved it :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Vagabond

Sergeant
There's quite a few on this site who say the Regiment don't deserve their pay packets. I'd like to see some of the fat fckers do this on a regular basis.

Bitburger

England 2010 Campaign
1000+ Posts
There's quite a few on this site who say the Regiment don't deserve their pay packets. I'd like to see some of the fat fckers do this on a regular basis.
And I would like to see a Rock strip and rebuild an RB199 Aero Engine or deal with any complex fault on an aircraft.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

But SAC's are only on the low pay band VB.. Scouse Taylor always cracks me up :pDT_Xtremez_31:

E

Earl Grey

And I would like to see a Rock strip and rebuild an RB199 Aero Engine or deal with any complex fault on an aircraft.

Bit defensive there BB......not one of those aforementioned fat fckers are we?

P

PAGreenwell

Excuse my ignorance, what is this course at Sennybridge?

Is it simply a live firing package or is it part of the SFSG selection? I noticed the Flt Sgt at the beginning talking about 'standing toe to toe' with the RM and the Para Reg.

Thanks.

Gunnerrock

Corporal
Excuse my ignorance, what is this course at Sennybridge?

Is it simply a live firing package or is it part of the SFSG selection? I noticed the Flt Sgt at the beginning talking about 'standing toe to toe' with the RM and the Para Reg.

Thanks.

It's a course that every Gunner has to do after passing out of the Trainee Gunner Course, some of the course is done here at Honington.

What you saw is the Field Firing Package at the end of the course.

GunnerP

SAC
And I would like to see a Rock strip and rebuild an RB199 Aero Engine or deal with any complex fault on an aircraft

I would imagine given a manual or two and the right tools it would be a piece of ****:eek: (And fault finding these days is mostly computer diagnostics anyway)

(4 year engineering apprenticeship before doing Basic Gunners;) )

GunnerP

C

Clarky-BWFC

When do Gunners have to do that course?

This may sound really stupid but im going to ask anyway...

Why do they use blanks? i know its obviously so they dont kill eachother but, do they actually hit, i suppose what i mean is, i dont understand what a blank is

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

V, the Reg are the RAFs grunts and we love them, but if soldiering means that much to you lot, why the fcuk did you join the RAF?

If I was into all the soldiering type stuff I certainly wouldn't have gone to the AFCO with the intention of joining the RAF.

V

VarSity

V, the Reg are the RAFs grunts and we love them, but if soldiering means that much to you lot, why the fcuk did you join the RAF?

If I was into all the soldiering type stuff I certainly wouldn't have gone to the AFCO with the intention of joining the RAF.

I dont know, RAF Regiment seems to have some advantages. Para trainings, better living conditions and one hell of alot of firepower seem to be nice perks.

D

dinky

Silly me, i thought you meant REAL field gunners :pDT_Xtremez_30: :pDT_Xtremez_28: as in the hardest, most respected team sport in the world (shame its gone, but then we have to keep the RAF in their 5 star hotels :pDT_Xtremez_28: :pDT_Xtremez_31: ::p:

By The Way. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all you RAF types:pDT_Xtremez_30:

as in

Last edited:

Gunnerrock

Corporal
Silly me, i though you meant REAL field gunners :pDT_Xtremez_30: :pDT_Xtremez_28: as in the hardest, most respected team sport in the world (shame its gone, but then we have to keep the RAF in their 5 star hotels :pDT_Xtremez_28: :pDT_Xtremez_31: ::p:

By The Way. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all you RAF types:pDT_Xtremez_30:

This is now getting boring..............

D

dinky

This is now getting boring..............

Its called having a joke, you know those that you give and take. EVERY member of the servicies goes through different parts training packages, some a physically demanding, some are mentally, in fact some can be both. Each member of their respective branches should be recognised for what they have done to achieve where they are, not this we are better than you crud.

The military, as it is today so lean manned. Everyone is as important as the next one. At least try to maintain your sense of humour.

Gunnerrock

Corporal
Its called having a joke, you know those that you give and take. EVERY member of the servicies goes through different parts training packages, some a physically demanding, some are mentally, in fact some can be both. Each member of their respective branches should be recognised for what they have done to achieve where they are, not this we are better than you crud.

The military, as it is today so lean manned. Everyone is as important as the next one. At least try to maintain your sense of humour.

Now that is a bite!