• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Farewell, Aufweidersehen, goodbye

Al Mac

LAC
Today marks the 1st day of my retirement from Her Majesty's Royal Air Force after 30 years and 10 months service.....

I have been most fortunate to serve all over the world with everything from the Mighty Hunter to the Mighty Wokka. It really don't mean a thing if it ain't rotary wing :pDT_Xtremez_26:

I've met and worked with some of the best people that humanity could possibly produce and for that I thank you all. It has been both an honour and a privilege. I've also worked with some real grade 'A' tossers mostly of the Officer Cadre, and my last WO at my last overseas tour.... say no more.

To all of you who remain I wish you the very best for the future, I fear you will need it. And to all of you in sandier places, have a safe tour and a safe return home.

Happy Birthday to me, guess i'll have to work for a living now :S
I will however continue to lurk on E-Goat

G

grumpyoldb

Well done, and best of luck for the future. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

terence

Corporal
you may have retired but you never leave the RAF family....i left in 1979 and i still keep in touch with my old friends...all the best for the future...terence..

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
Never a civvy always an ex-serviceman.

All the best for your future mate and dont just lurk keep posting. :)

Sergeant
you can take the boy out of the raf, but you cant take the raf out of the boy.
good luck!!!

Get Tae

Flight Sergeant
All the best in whatever career you choose.

It will not be the same, it will be different.

Words of advice I was given upon leaving and I though the guy was a bit tapped but he was right.

Life outside is what you make it but as echoed on here you never lose touch with the good guys you meet. The tossers you can now ignore regardless of what rank they were!!

Best of luck!

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Best of Luck, mate.
Not a civvy. Ex-Service !!
But you are never far from the RAF family, are you ?

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Don't know who you are (but I always feel an affinity towards rotary lads) or what you want to do in your future, but I hope you can enjoy the "difference" as much as you enjoyed the mob.

If you take a path away from regular service contact, as I did, in a few years time you may meet someone off your fitters course and continue a conversation you didn't finish many, many moons ago. Probably over a beer.

Oh! All the best and well done.

dogman

LAC
where are you living now you are out

where are you living now you are out

Good luck hope all goes well for you.If you are planning to live in Norfolk,come and see us at the RAF Radar Museum at Neatishead,near Horning.We need volunteers if you are interested

Al Mac

LAC
Don't know who you are (but I always feel an affinity towards rotary lads) or what you want to do in your future, but I hope you can enjoy the "difference" as much as you enjoyed the mob.

If you take a path away from regular service contact, as I did, in a few years time you may meet someone off your fitters course and continue a conversation you didn't finish many, many moons ago. Probably over a beer.

Oh! All the best and well done.

Funny you should say that, the tutor on my resettlement course joined up with me. We stood next to each other on our passing out parade...

Al Mac

LAC
Good luck hope all goes well for you.If you are planning to live in Norfolk,come and see us at the RAF Radar Museum at Neatishead,near Horning.We need volunteers if you are interested

Sorry dude, bought a house in Swindon

T

The 1st

Great Retirement

Great Retirement

Al Mac,

Thanks for all you have done in your wee time in the Air Force, Tossers are a part of life, as long as the mates were the best, then you should have no regrets, just a brilliant retirement. Thanks again mate please dont forget the great years...:pDT_Xtremez_30:

MTMAD

SAC
All the best for the future and remember the good lads as there are far to many tossers in this mob these days!!!