• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Family piano given to RAF base burnt in military ceremony by mistake

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
‘By mistake’. Yeah. More jolly japes by our low IQ officer class. I recollect one of my junior officers having to be signed off work due to burning both her feet whilst drunkenly jumping over a burning piano. Since she was a doctor that resulted in cancellation of clinics and a huge ‘knock-on’ effect to patient care. Her punishment? Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Bunch of f**king dumbasses.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
That's awful. She should have been put on unpaid leave for the period she wasn't able to do her job through her own stupidity. Over my life, Ive found that the only way folk really learn a lesson is when it hits them in the pocket.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
That's awful. She should have been put on unpaid leave for the period she wasn't able to do her job through her own stupidity. Over my life, Ive found that the only way folk really learn a lesson is when it hits them in the pocket.

Officer, enough said.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
I seem to recall a similar incident at a secret Norfolk flying base in the 90s, where a piano was alledgedly incinerated by someone doing a rendition of Jerry Lee Lewis's "Great Balls of Fire"......

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I don't get all the moaning here.

It's a tradition, who cares. It wouldn't be for me, but at least someone is having fun!

Cornish_Pikey

Sergeant
We had a request one year from one of the mess members as to how he might wire up a canberra starter cartridge to go off inside a piano to get the fire started.

F*ck off sir you f*ckin' b*llend I believe was the response from our plumbers.

Showed the mentality of some of the clowns in charge of the circus.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I don't get all the moaning here.

It's a tradition, who cares. It wouldn't be for me, but at least someone is having fun!

Totally agree with this - as long as the piano is not bought using public funds and no public funds are used to put the fire out, nor clean up the mess. That includes the free use of fire extinguishers, firemen or stewards.