• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

E-Goat. The brand new version.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Will you be going on Tapatalk

Hi JIT,

Yes, it's planned to re-link the site and the new domain with Tapatalk.

However, the new set up is now extremely mobile friendly with an intuitive menu system. We are hoping to achieve the very best of both worlds by allowing users to either choose Tapatalk or the mobile version depending upon what suits them best.

Glad that you like the new set up 👍🏻

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Hi JIT,

Yes, it's planned to re-link the site and the new domain with Tapatalk.

However, the new set up is now extremely mobile friendly with an intuitive menu system. We are hoping to achieve the very best of both worlds by allowing users to either choose Tapatalk or the mobile version depending upon what suits them best.

Glad that you like the new set up 👍🏻
I do prefer this version, especially the URL linking and the bit underneath to write some text. Could never get the hang of that before. You've made it so much easier.

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Very modern looking. Not that I'm complaining, just saying it because nothing I ever came across while I was in the RAF could be described as "modern" or "leading edge". For example, anyone remember KT88's in the 80's?

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Very modern looking. Not that I'm complaining, just saying it because nothing I ever came across while I was in the RAF could be described as "modern" or "leading edge". For example, anyone remember KT88's in the 80's?
I served for all but a couple of months of the 18980s and have never heard of a KT88, what the frig is it?

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Screenshot_20190905-130600_Chrome.jpgThere's a floating back to top button on the mobile version. Is it visible on the desktop site?

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Just one observation - can't seem to log off the new site when using Chrome - I just get the blue circle of doom....do I need to adjust any settings?

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I served for all but a couple of months of the 18980s and have never heard of a KT88, what the frig is it?
There was a bit of kit on an airfield called a PAR 3B. One of the amplifier valves was a KT88

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Eventually found the 'To Top' arrow.

It is in the very bottom right corner of the screen (shown with white X). It only appears as I start to scroll the page up but at that time I am looking at the middle of the screen, not somewhere outside the information area.

Is there any chance that if a 'floating' arrow is used it can be to the bottom right corner of the bottom message pane somewhere like the letter H on the image or even placed in the bottom information bar?

up arrow.jpg

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
For the ignore function, click on the avatar and you'll get the choice to follow, ignore or start conversation with a user. Screenshot_20190911-105905_Chrome.jpg