• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

E-Goat Summer Bash - 02 Aug 08

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
We are looking to hold an E-Goat Summer Bash sometime in July/August (Dets Pending).

Obviously the elder goaters would get first refusal and identity would have to proven to the organisers so that security could be maintained.

The venue will be near Lyneham and we will be putting up 100 places for grabs but the location, date and time will be posted to people that sucessfully apply via pm to keep that out of public eye. A non refundable deposit will also be required.

The doo will probably be a summer BBQ/Hogroast affair with a disco bloke (ex RAF)doing his stuff and maybe a band. Obviously a bar extension will be called for as well.

However, we will have to cost it all up but wanted to give you lot a heads up to see if there would be enough interest in such an event.

Any takers?

Last edited:

theladf

Cynic & Conspiracy Theorist
I'm up for it:pDT_Xtremez_19: a chance to talk about how things were & are, plus the chance to give your missus some stick as my team beat hers!!!:pDT_Xtremez_31:

R_Squared

Flight Sergeant
Typical, the last one was this side of the country, now I'm over here it's at Lyneham.
Still, sounds like a plan:pDT_Xtremez_28:

The Bowmeister

Darkside Jedi Master
Sounds like a top idea, maybe even our rugby shirts might be here to further enhance the day. Count me in :pDT_Xtremez_30:

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
I'd love to but I'm due to be posted around then so I havent a clue as to whether I'd make it or not.
If I ever find out any posting details and am able to go I'd love to.
Until I know any different though I'm afraid I'll have to respectfully decline....:pDT_Xtremez_21:

Does it include alter egos?
I have this image in my head of 4 people sat around a hog roast, each one talking in 3 or 4 different voices!!

Last edited:

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Obviously, there is a lot that may happen to each of us between now and Jul/Aug (like MrMasher's probable posting). Can we assume there is to be a reserve list and anyone who gets pinged with a last minute OOA or whatever will be able to pull out without losing their deposit? Just a thought.

MingMong

Warrant Officer
Obviously, there is a lot that may happen to each of us between now and Jul/Aug (like MrMasher's probable posting). Can we assume there is to be a reserve list and anyone who gets pinged with a last minute OOA or whatever will be able to pull out without losing their deposit? Just a thought.

We will be putting deposits down for this from the e-goat funds which go toward funding the server. Unfortunately this money will need to be recouperated, so as it stands, it will have to be non refundable. However, should we become fully subscribed, and you get pinged and find somebody else to take your place, then I would guess that you could probably get it back. It's not going to be a massive deposit anyway, just enough so that we know we can commit to the function without losing out.

Comming from a squadron that regularly sends people away at short notice when they have holidays and stuff booked, I don't think it's a huge issue to pay what will be a minimal deposit deposit for this function. And if they do try to stiff you for an OOA, just twist a sock like the rest of the RAF.

However, this is my own opinion, and may change as we discuss it amongst the mods.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
We will be putting deposits down for this from the e-goat funds which go toward funding the server. Unfortunately this money will need to be recouperated, so as it stands, it will have to be non refundable. However, should we become fully subscribed, and you get pinged and find somebody else to take your place, then I would guess that you could probably get it back. It's not going to be a massive deposit anyway, just enough so that we know we can commit to the function without losing out.

Comming from a squadron that regularly sends people away at short notice when they have holidays and stuff booked, I don't think it's a huge issue to pay what will be a minimal deposit deposit for this function. And if they do try to stiff you for an OOA, just twist a sock like the rest of the RAF.

However, this is my own opinion, and may change as we discuss it amongst the mods.

Thanks for that. I'm not thinking for myself, because I am moving sections shortly so can guarantee as much as any of us ever can that I will be around this summer if I am lucky enough to get one of Willy Wonka's Golden Tickets. :pDT_Xtremez_19:

MrMasher's post made me remember that not everyone is so fortunate and the bit about "non-refundable deposit" may scare away some otherwise erstwhile goaters.

MingMong

Warrant Officer
Although I see your point totally TBJ, we also have to cover our own arses, we have to weigh up the difference between a few people losing a small sum of money and us losing a large sum of money. What I have said may well be overuled, we all know how stressful it can be trying to book stuff with the shadow of OOA or posting constantly looming overhead! It will be something we will definately give a lot of thought to.

laboratoryqueen

Dr Midget Midgetson
If the money would be need to be paid upfront from the charity pot and then reimbursed from the attending members, could you not just re-word what the payment is. Have it as a minimum donation to the e-goat charity fund rather than a non returnable deposit. I'm sure that anyone who pays to attend and then, for whatever reason has to back out, wouldn't mind a small donation to our charity fund.