• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Duke of Westminster Donation

firestorm

Warrant Officer
I met the duke at a TA do in Chester in the late 80's. He is very pro military. It's nice to see someone putting their money where their mouth is.

Boarderlyne

Sergeant
Plus his grandson was RAF Regiment so that helps as well. :) Either way, it's still good to see a peer of this realm doing something for the good of the country and not just the good of his pockets.

Elwood

SAC
Plus his grandson was RAF Regiment so that helps as well. :) Either way, it's still good to see a peer of this realm doing something for the good of the country and not just the good of his pockets.
That's a coincidence, so was Earl Cadogan's (Now the Viscount Chelsea - and still a bloody nice bloke)!!

Last edited:

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
Very well done indeed, BUT he's also Patron of my SAR Team, Cheshire Search and Rescue, we could do with a couple of new Land Rovers, so come on your Dukiness, throw some money our way, please?

woody

SAC
Used to deal with him when at a secret airbase near London.

He was a top guy, didn't want any pomp and ceremony.

Not sure about him having a grandson in the RAF Regt as they all seem to young according to wiki.

But it's all semantics, well done "your grace" if I remember my protocols correctly.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
If I remember correctly the Duke was the only Royal to be in the TA in the 70's.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
He is right about renaming the TA ot the Army reserves - give it a little more gravitas.

Anyhow, an excellent programme - the geezer looks loaded (and H for H are not skint) but if they were looking for help in setting it up, hope they might put the word out.

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Well a great big thanks from me, but I'm sure anyone needing its services in the future will be even more thankful!

Is this possibly the biggest single gift given to Armed Forces Charities?

Also, don't want to sound too ungrateful but... does this mean that Headley Court will close and move to this new venue? Or will they keep both open? If they are closing Headley, what will happen to the brand new facilities that have been built over the last few years? :pDT_Xtremez_41:

HTB

G

gemarriott

I hope they keep Headley Court open perhaps as a RBL convalescent home?

The location of the new place makes more sense, slap bang in the middle of England with good road and rail route from Wales and Jockland.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Good for 'im. A pity, perhaps, that it is all at the tail end of general hostilites but very welcome non the less.

This bit of the report had me puzzled: " and their long-term car needs will need to be catered for. "
Don't all cars have long-term needs ?