• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Donations & Contributions

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
That's a good point Ex Bay,

The donate / subscribe buttons seem to have disappeared since the site was upgraded.

Although peoiple have donated via PayPal to the E-Goat push to support Veterans Aid, it's not easy to find a way to donate or Subscribe.

Any Mods on here who can answer Ex Bays question??

Thanks.

TW

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Yes, it is, isn't it

"
Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: donations_top_donor_bits in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4183

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: donations_top_donor_bits in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4183

"

But I succeeded.
One question though:-

How do we separate a contribution to wards e-Goat running costs and e-Goats charitable causes ?

OldMedic

Corporal
The pages are a bit off aren't they?

Don't know where my donations disappear to as they never make it into the list - suppose it doesn't matter as long as they arrive where intended.

MingMong

Warrant Officer
Yes, it is, isn't it

"

"

But I succeeded.
One question though:-

How do we separate a contribution to wards e-Goat running costs and e-Goats charitable causes ?

Firstly, thank you for your donation!

You cannot separate a contribution toward e-goat from a contribution toward our chosen charity. Your donations firstly help Wobbly to fund the running of the site. Without the donations made by our members, the cost of keeping e-goat running would be too much for Wobbly to pay on his own, and the site would suffer as a result.

However, fortunately the generosity of our membership means that since we made the decision to support charities, we have never fallen short of the server fees and any additional costs, and have always been able to make a sizeable contribution to Service charities.

I can assure you that nobody makes any profit from e-goat, all the money raised through donations, subscriptions and from the advertising that is displayed on the site is either ploughed back into the site or donated to charity.

E-goat only tends to support one charity at a time (currently Veterans Aid) if you feel the need to contribute to one of our chosen charities, without helping to keep the site running, then you are free to donate to the charity directly through their individual websites.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Firstly, thank you for your donation!

You cannot separate a contribution toward e-goat from a contribution toward our chosen charity. Your donations firstly help Wobbly to fund the running of the site. Without the donations made by our members, the cost of keeping e-goat running would be too much for Wobbly to pay on his own, and the site would suffer as a result.

However, fortunately the generosity of our membership means that since we made the decision to support charities, we have never fallen short of the server fees and any additional costs, and have always been able to make a sizeable contribution to Service charities.

I can assure you that nobody makes any profit from e-goat, all the money raised through donations, subscriptions and from the advertising that is displayed on the site is either ploughed back into the site or donated to charity.

E-goat only tends to support one charity at a time (currently Veterans Aid) if you feel the need to contribute to one of our chosen charities, without helping to keep the site running, then you are free to donate to the charity directly through their individual websites.

Thank you, MM.
I sent a donation to the Goat because I am a user and I appreciate the effort and time put into it's creation and maintenance. I have never imagined for one minute that it was a profit-making organisation.
Incidentally, Veteran's Aid is listed on e-bay as a known Charity.