• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dogs

laboratoryqueen

Dr Midget Midgetson
I've got a ten year old Belgium Shepherd b1tch. Generally she goes off to have full grooming done twice a year but the price of that has jumped from 35 quid to 50 and that's just for shampoo and brush through.

With being long haired and it's very thick coat too, she doesn't malt. The old hair clumps up underneath and the more I brush and comb her the more there seems to be, never get it all out. Now that she's getting older her skin is getting more sensitive and her coat isn't as glossy as it was. Tried lots of different brushes and combs, shampoos etc and can't get the finish right.

So seeing as there's a good amount of dog lovers here, don't know if anyone else has one of these breeds but would be helpful, any tips on grooming and especially on getting the old coat out properly and giving a good glossy finish.

laboratoryqueen

Dr Midget Midgetson
Shiny coats for mutts

My some of those are interestingly priced :raf:

I've used some of those fish oil supplements before and all they really seemed to do was make scooping the poop a fun time. Even had pigs pancreas which is vile stuff.

Shampoo I've used on her today is a tea tree base which is meant to help with reducing skin irritation but doesn't leave her glossy at all and it's made brushing out the dead hair a nightmare.

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
We've got a Westie and her coat's always getting knots and clumps in it. Baby shampoo is careful with their skin and help to stop tangles.
Failing that, shave it all off and start again? (You could always leave a punk style mohican to make her look hard until it grows back)

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Get rid of your shed of a car and buy a convertible. Take the car to the car wash and leave doggy in the passenger seat :pDT_Xtremez_30:

What !! It worked for Jim Belushi in the movie K9 :D:

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
I've got a ten year old Belgium Shepherd b1tch. Generally she goes off to have full grooming done twice a year but the price of that has jumped from 35 quid to 50 and that's just for shampoo and brush through.

With being long haired and it's very thick coat too, she doesn't malt. The old hair clumps up underneath and the more I brush and comb her the more there seems to be, never get it all out. Now that she's getting older her skin is getting more sensitive and her coat isn't as glossy as it was. Tried lots of different brushes and combs, shampoos etc and can't get the finish right.

So seeing as there's a good amount of dog lovers here, don't know if anyone else has one of these breeds but would be helpful, any tips on grooming and especially on getting the old coat out properly and giving a good glossy finish.

I think I know an owner. I'll try and get some info.

tourettes

Corporal
I own a long haired GSD, so I know the problems you are describing. What I have found to be pretty good is that if you go to the pet store and pick up a stripping/shedding comb, kinda looks like a mini rake, and that pulls all the dead hair from the under coat.

Once you've done that give her a quick going over with a slicker brush and she should end up with a nice sleek coat.

S

shoutingwind

we just to put a littel sunflower oil on our dogs food and that seemed to make them shiney :)