• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Danger!

Oh so I take it the GLOBAL financial crisis is still firmly Labours fault then, but using the same logic it's not the Tories fault that our debt has trebled because of issues in the Eurozone.

The same people will go on about those in the North being indoctrinated into voting Labour without having the self awareness to see the origins of their own voting patterns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wobbly_Jon

Corporal
Danger!

I don't give a flying fcuk about Queen Nicola's politics. But, I could be tempted to bend her over her desk and slip a couple of pounds of Cumberland Sausage through her back doors though

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Oh so I take it the GLOBAL financial crisis is still firmly Labours fault then, but using the same logic it's not the Tories fault that our debt has trebled because of issues in the Eurozone.

The same people will go on about those in the North being indoctrinated into voting Labour without having the self awareness to see the origins of their own voting patterns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Labour aren't to fault the global crisis, just the state of the UK economy when it hit.

Irrespective of the troubles on continental Europe the economy has recovered, and if Europe starts to recover we are now in a great place to capitalise on it.

I'm from the North and have never voted Labour, my voting patterns have their origins in my upbringing where having parents who worked for themselves I learnt to take responsibility for my own life journey, neither blaming others at times of misfortune nor seeing myself as a victim of circumstance.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Why did CMD think debt would be coming down, because he didn't think Europe would take so long to sort out their economies.

Only a complete buffoon would base his own financial planning and recovery on the basis of several other countries' financial future....

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Only a complete buffoon would base his own financial planning and recovery on the basis of several other countries' financial future....
So that's why the Bank of England is full of planners and forecasters that base their assumptions on what they expect to happen at home and abroad.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

Politics to one side when they represent a large wedge of our income...total exports to Europe are around £250bn a year with servces totalling around £90bn of that...When you do macro-accounting you have to look at historical figures, whats occurring around you, the wind direction and whether the groundhog casts a shadow then do the thing I hate most of all in the world...forecasting.

Forecasting rarely goes well because your crystal ball is always away for calibration and yet your customers always think you are going to nail it and get really excited when it starts to wander off from reality...

Our financial future will and always has depended upon exports since the day Raliegh discovered the spud...To stay on the theme of slagging off all things political I think there will be some creative forcasting on behalf of those in power around about this time and some more pessimistic from those wishing to dislodge them.

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Forecasting rarely goes well because your crystal ball is always away for calibration and yet your customers always think you are going to nail it and get really excited when it starts to wander off from reality...

Saying "it's an estimation, not an exactimation" always goes down well in project meetings :pDT_Xtremez_31:

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Then the buffoon is you.

You are entitled to your opinion. As I am to mine - just because I don't agree with you, doesn't mean I am wrong.

And my opinion is that to base the financial recovery of THIS country on the assumption that every other country in the world will have a swift financial recovery is crazy. It would be far better, in my opinion, to plan for worst case scenario rather than the best case scenario.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
You are entitled to your opinion. As I am to mine - just because I don't agree with you, doesn't mean I am wrong.

And my opinion is that to base the financial recovery of THIS country on the assumption that every other country in the world will have a swift financial recovery is crazy. It would be far better, in my opinion, to plan for worst case scenario rather than the best case scenario.
Well if you're a pint half empty kinda guy then that's okay, a more intelligent individual would probably assume that a middle pathway would happen and base their policies on that.

As it is we got the worse case scenario and have still done okay.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Well if you're a pint half empty kinda guy then that's okay, a more intelligent individual would probably assume that a middle pathway would happen and base their policies on that.

As it is we got the worse case scenario and have still done okay.

I see... so my supposition that the european financial crisis would not fix itself quickly, in no small part due to a struggling currency and the behaviour of the governments of such member states as Spain, Greece etc, obviously indicates that I'm of 'lesser intelligence'...

Whether the pint is half full or half empty is irrelevant, if you want to use old sayings to justify your comments, try this one - 'better safe than sorry'. As you said, "As it stands, we got the worse case scenario and have done ok" - yes, but had we planned for it, we would have done better.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I see... so my supposition that the european financial crisis would not fix itself quickly, in no small part due to a struggling currency and the behaviour of the governments of such member states as Spain, Greece etc, obviously indicates that I'm of 'lesser intelligence'...

Whether the pint is half full or half empty is irrelevant, if you want to use old sayings to justify your comments, try this one - 'better safe than sorry'. As you said, "As it stands, we got the worse case scenario and have done ok" - yes, but had we planned for it, we would have done better.
No that's called hindsight, and everyone knows that's 20 20.

You hope for the best, and prepare for the worst.

If you were wise enough in 2010 to predict the continuing euro crisis when just about every eminent economist was decrying the austerity and money printing path that the UK took, then you are indeed a wise man. Now that the rest of Europe has decided to follow the lead of the UK we are potentially about to vote in a government that will adopt their failed policies, a government that will be full of people who got us into this mess in the first place and led by one of Gordon Brown's former advisors.

No politician of any colour would ever stand on their soap box and announce the worst case scenario as they would never get elected.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
...we are potentially about to vote in a government that will adopt their failed policies, a government that will be full of people who got us into this mess in the first place and led by one of Gordon Brown's former advisors. .

As much as I'd like UKIP to be running the show in a few weeks, it's highly unlikely that they could get that many seats (though I think that the number of seats they will get will surprise a lot of folk).

I think it will come down to the usual Red/Blue fight, which CONS will win simply because Millipede isn't the right person for the job, and it shows. I don't like or trust Cameron, but I think his party the most seats (not a majority) in the next hung parliament, and there may be a CON/UKIP deal on the cards.

...No politician of any colour would ever stand on their soap box and announce the worst case scenario as they would never get elected.

Unfortunately this is true. It would be nice if they could stand up and tell Joe Public "Look, this is the situation, we could plan for it this way, but it's a higher risk than if we plan for it this way".

I wonder what would happen if they all started being honest with us?