• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cpl-Sgt 2016

Are you lot all part of the 90SU third banana confetti?? I remember in the early days there was never really a requirement for Acting ranks as all it would mean is that the FS/Chief would be the SNCO of the section, in absence of the Sgt (hence why 2 SNCOs) and the most senior and experienced JNCO would more than likely get Substitution pay for doing the next rank up job.

I blame the Barmy for this empowerment cack. How many of were doing the jobs Acting/Unpaid??? Hence no subby pay!!!! Cheaper for the MOD!!!

Just to cheer you up substitution pay from day 1 of arriving on unit, Posted into slot with Sgt off work , then Sgt got posted and I got A/Sgt (paid) for over a year and promoted.

Last edited:

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Just to cheer you up substitution pay from day 1 of arriving on unit, Posted into slot with Sgt off work , then Sgt got posted and I got A/Sgt (paid) for over a year and promoted.

If someone is good enough to be paid Acting Sgt for over 12 months why isn't he/she good enough to be promoted substantive Sgt and get the seniority?

If someone is good enough to be paid Acting Sgt for over 12 months why isn't he/she good enough to be promoted substantive Sgt and get the seniority?

They obviously are as myself, TG_XI and at least 5 others that I know personally have been recognised for promotion this way. It could also be the fact that some A/Sgt have also had it over 2x reporting periods as I was acting for more than 12 months also.

At the end of the day if Sgt's don't want to come to 90SU or anywhere else where there is a need, and manning aren't replacing posted/promoted personnel then the hierarchy have no option but to offer the best Cpl candidate A/Sgt. I can hand on heart say all personnel deserved it.

My philosophy is that you don't get promoted by accident.

Last edited:
They obviously are as myself, TG_XI and at least 5 others that I know personally have been recognised for promotion this way. It could also be the fact that some A/Sgt have also had it over 2x reporting periods as I was acting for more than 12 months also.

At the end of the day if Sgt's don't want to come to 90SU or anywhere else where there is a need, and manning aren't replacing posted/promoted personnel then the hierarchy have no option but to offer the best Cpl candidate A/Sgt. I can hand on heart say all personnel deserved it.

My philosophy is that you don't get promoted by accident.

Not always the case from what I've witnessed in the building for the past 10-12 months. Some of the A/Sgts have made a pigs ear of a whole load of things, but funnily enough have still be promoted

3OCLOCKFINISH

Corporal
Top top for promotion?

Find yourself in an out of trade PA role to a Wg Cdr, have the role magically changed from a Cpl to a Sgt's slot with the acting rank to go with and watch that SJAR roll in.

Top top for promotion?

Find yourself in an out of trade PA role to a Wg Cdr, have the role magically changed from a Cpl to a Sgt's slot with the acting rank to go with and watch that SJAR roll in.

Came back after 4 years to post that top top!

I've found someone more bitter and jealous than me! It is indeed a glorious day!

B Grade again was it, mucker?

Top top for promotion?

And now being posted to an Eng section to run a Workshop :pDT_Xtremez_31:

Looks like I'm having to turn my offer down - offered a bone job at a bone camp and the Drafter not prepared to negotiate. Drafter is making out that I'm the only person in the trade who can fill the post, and because it's a NATO (based in the UK!!) it's a priority 1 post - more than the UAV Sqn that I'm on now.

What's the point in coming quite high up off the board apparently only having one option offered ? And it was to the one camp that I'd put as my negative location.

I'm beginning to regret signing on for an extra 2 years as I'm now being threatened with a posting as a Cpl. Oh well only have to get to Aug 17 and its PVR and pension time.

Looks like I'm having to turn my offer down - offered a bone job at a bone camp and the Drafter not prepared to negotiate. Drafter is making out that I'm the only person in the trade who can fill the post, and because it's a NATO (based in the UK!!) it's a priority 1 post - more than the UAV Sqn that I'm on now.

What's the point in coming quite high up off the board apparently only having one option offered ? And it was to the one camp that I'd put as my negative location.

I'm beginning to regret signing on for an extra 2 years as I'm now being threatened with a posting as a Cpl. Oh well only have to get to Aug 17 and its PVR and pension time.

Surely you have activated your last post option? If not b-line down to PSF today.