• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Check/Examine etc Help Req

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
In the relevant AP and it's associated cheat sheet, there used to be (probably still is) a breakdown of exactly what the wording meant and so what was involved for each task. (I'm thinking B/F's, A/F's etc)

I remember there were about four or five instructions that from an outsiders point of view were ostensibly interchangeable, but actually each had different legal connotation. Things like check and examine.
Check the aircraft, yep, it's there.
Examine the aircraft, look for signs of damage, etc.

Another example would be on the hydraulics side, there was one specific word which meant have a looksy and take any remedial action necessary, whereas if Replenish had been incorrectly used it would have meant top up even if it's only a gnats cock down and the system could run normally at 50% capacity.

So Goaters, I'm after the list of 4/5/6 words, and their definitions.

There used to be a thread on here about it, but that was 20odd years ago and the search button is not my friend.

Old John

LAC
Pretty sure 'replenish ' was to fill or refill a tank, bottle, or other container to a predetermined level, pressure, or quantity.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Dont know about military aircraft anymore - but the descriptions can be different on each type of civvy aircraft even within the same manufacturer - thats why they print a glossary at the front of most AMMs (And even the use of 'AMM' can be different too)

B757/767 used 'Remove' to include refitting a serviceable item (replace...)? without actually calling up a refit/replace task.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Last edited:

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Crikey. I'm struggling to remember the procedural documentation but the 10B1 springs to mind although I could be very wrong.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
In the relevant AP and it's associated cheat sheet, there used to be (probably still is) a breakdown of exactly what the wording meant and so what was involved for each task. (I'm thinking B/F's, A/F's etc)

I remember there were about four or five instructions that from an outsiders point of view were ostensibly interchangeable, but actually each had different legal connotation. Things like check and examine.
Check the aircraft, yep, it's there.
Examine the aircraft, look for signs of damage, etc.

Another example would be on the hydraulics side, there was one specific word which meant have a looksy and take any remedial action necessary, whereas if Replenish had been incorrectly used it would have meant top up even if it's only a gnats cock down and the system could run normally at 50% capacity.

So Goaters, I'm after the list of 4/5/6 words, and their definitions.

There used to be a thread on here about it, but that was 20odd years ago and the search button is not my friend.

Have you looked in the MAMP?

bigjd

LAC
Check - Check the position/condition etc of something, however if it's not as it should be don't mess with it.

Ensure - Check however if all isn't as it should be then providing you have the auth you can rectify it

Those two got hammered in to us at the airfield 😂😂