• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CEA Removed

B

BiggerHammer

Had my mobility certificate rejected today, seems I am not likely to be posted in the next 4 years, so elegability is declined!

Anybody else in the same situation?

E

effinhell

Oh well, you can always put your kid(s) in a local school like most others do:pDT_Xtremez_14:

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Had my mobility certificate rejected today, seems I am not likely to be posted in the next 4 years, so elegability is declined!

Lucky you, safe in the knowledge that you have it in writing that you are staying put for the next 4 years. I'd keep that chit safely locked away, just in case you need to produce it sometime in the next 4 years if manning try and post you.

As above - you can safely send your kids to a local school and enjoy their company for the next 4 years.

Oberon305

Chairborne
I'm waiting on mine to come back - so I'll just have to wait and see.

Before you all go criticising those who take CEA funding and send theire kids to boarding schools, you need to realise that on most occasions it's for the benefit of the kids, not the parents. My kid gets SENA funding for his autism, which he was struggling with in mainstream school (through no fault of their own - just not enough funding).

So please don't be so quick to judge. I agree that there are and always have been those in the system that abuse the Boarding school allowance (CEA before anyone corrects me) and that it needed to be clamped-down on, so the tightening-up is a good thing. I just hope it doesn't affect those with genuine reasons.

Rant over! ::/:

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

Lucky you, safe in the knowledge that you have it in writing that you are staying put for the next 4 years. I'd keep that chit safely locked away, just in case you need to produce it sometime in the next 4 years if manning try and post you.

"Not likely" isnt a guarantee, you could still see yourself posted at any time to fulfill the needs of the Service.

PSF Angel

LAC
I have had the same thing but there are 4 different camps that I could go to within 50 miles of my current unit. If I go there then I'll be moving house and my child will be moving schools. I have just been told to submit that case to the CEA and they'll make the final decision.

freudian slip

Corporal
You could look into Queen Victoria School in Dunblane, Military Boarding School that does not attract CEA.

The only caveat is you have to be Scottish or serving in Scotland.

C

CC

What gets me with all this no move in 4 years, etc. SNCOs now come under ZEUS which dictates you should be Career Managed and moved at your 3-5 yr point. So if you have a chance of moving at your 3 yr point, how can you not get a CEA certificate?

Realist78

Master of my destiny
What gets me with all this no move in 4 years, etc. SNCOs now come under ZEUS which dictates you should be Career Managed and moved at your 3-5 yr point. So if you have a chance of moving at your 3 yr point, how can you not get a CEA certificate?

Does that override 'No move' on JPA? Further, is it cast in stone that every SNCO (certain get-outs excepted) must move every 3-5 years? Just a question.

clungemobile

Corporal
Does that override 'No move' on JPA? Further, is it cast in stone that every SNCO (certain get-outs excepted) must move every 3-5 years? Just a question.

I think it depends on your career pattern as determinded by trade sponsor...check the AP337something or other....

Climebear

Flight Sergeant

Is that move as in change jobs or move as in change stations (and jobs)? Sorry if it's a bone question but I am out of the RAF system in Army-land at the moment.

While on the subject though, I have seen some Army direction (IIRC from the Adjutant General (Army version of AMP) that the statement from the manners didn't necessarily mean that an individual didn't meet the eligibility criteria it was a factor that would inform the individual's CO's decision (as it is the individual's CO - or delegated individual - that signs off the eligibility certificate). As has been said earlier, a CO can seek advice from SCE (or whatever they are called now).

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Is that move as in change jobs or move as in change stations (and jobs)? Sorry if it's a bone question but I am out of the RAF system in Army-land at the moment.

While on the subject though, I have seen some Army direction (IIRC from the Adjutant General (Army version of AMP) that the statement from the manners didn't necessarily mean that an individual didn't meet the eligibility criteria it was a factor that would inform the individual's CO's decision (as it is the individual's CO - or delegated individual - that signs off the eligibility certificate). As has been said earlier, a CO can seek advice from SCE (or whatever they are called now).

I attended a brief where they said it was post specific, so you could possibility remain on the same unit.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I'm waiting on mine to come back - so I'll just have to wait and see.

Before you all go criticising those who take CEA funding and send theire kids to boarding schools, you need to realise that on most occasions it's for the benefit of the kids, not the parents. My kid gets SENA funding for his autism, which he was struggling with in mainstream school (through no fault of their own - just not enough funding).

So please don't be so quick to judge. I agree that there are and always have been those in the system that abuse the Boarding school allowance (CEA before anyone corrects me) and that it needed to be clamped-down on, so the tightening-up is a good thing. I just hope it doesn't affect those with genuine reasons.

Rant over! ::/:

I doubt you'd get many forces people being critical, in fact none have so far, we all care for our kids and if boarding is what they need then so be it. To be honest to say that a forces individual will not move within 4 years is beyond belief, I did 22 years and had 9 postings longest 4 years, shortest less than a year.

mememe

Corporal
Just had my cert signed and approved by the board at Air Command. Previously this was a done deal however, they go to the enth degree. Make sure you don't have "RAF NO MOVE" on your JPA, this wll discount you straight away. I always put into my SJAR, in comments that I will go anywhere at anytime. This can bite you on the bum I suppose however, if you are in a position to manage/manipulate your own movements then it is just more ammo for you to state that you are fully mobile. Hope it works out for you.

Furthermore, does anyone know how far you have to be posted from one unit to another to constitute a move in the eyes of the CEA world? Cross county borders? within the same county? Thanks.

clungemobile

Corporal
Surely a new assignment is just that...an assignment with an assignment order and if you get a new one on the same unit then so what, as long as you had all bases covered and manning assign you~ :pDT_Xtremez_14:

C

CC

Absolutely. The fact that you don't want to move holds no water with Manning now that we're moving into ZEUS.

It's all in AP3376, each TG has it's own chapter. Not that I've read every chapter, but I believe most, if not all, TGs expect that you should be moved anytime between 3-5 years.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Absolutely. The fact that you don't want to move holds no water with Manning now that we're moving into ZEUS.

It's all in AP3376, each TG has it's own chapter. Not that I've read every chapter, but I believe most, if not all, TGs expect that you should be moved anytime between 3-5 years.

Only speaking for TG1 but that could have some experience ramifications.

Climebear

Flight Sergeant

Off topic.

That's going to be pretty hard to manage for the Air Cartographers. ;)