• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CEA Removed

Statty

LAC
Just had my cert signed and approved by the board at Air Command. Previously this was a done deal however, they go to the enth degree. Make sure you don't have "RAF NO MOVE" on your JPA, this wll discount you straight away. I always put into my SJAR, in comments that I will go anywhere at anytime. This can bite you on the bum I suppose however, if you are in a position to manage/manipulate your own movements then it is just more ammo for you to state that you are fully mobile. Hope it works out for you.

Furthermore, does anyone know how far you have to be posted from one unit to another to constitute a move in the eyes of the CEA world? Cross county borders? within the same county? Thanks.

mememe - pretty sure the Mobility Certificate that is signed by Manning states likelihood of an assignment more than 50 miles......

What did it say on yours?

mememe

Corporal
mememe - pretty sure the Mobility Certificate that is signed by Manning states likelihood of an assignment more than 50 miles......

What did it say on yours?
Yes, sure does however, if the posting is within 50 miles is it classed as a no move for CEA policy when it comes to re-doing the elig cert?

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
Whilst we're on the subject: I've recently been looking into sending my son to boarding school however realised that it is only for children of 8 years and over unless in 'special' circumstances??

Now until recently I was one of those people who were probably quite against boarding schools however of late have changed my mind, seeing some of the children who go to a local boarding school to my unit and also because of the change in my personal circumstances.

In the RAFs eyes I am a single parent (other half is not childs father he lives in the block 400 miles away) I am now being posted to a new unit. My trade and rank are currently going OOA every 18 months but as little as 12. That teamed with guard and courses have got me thinking that the best I can do for him is to get him into a good
school. My other half and I are not married and have no intention of changing that any time soon so if/when I go OOA we are not entitled to a FMQ where he is so my child wont be able to live with him and he now wont be able to stay with any family (as I dont really have any that have a lifestyle that could cope with a 6 year old)

Does anyone know if these are good enough reasons to apply for CEA and also does anyone have any good advice for looking for a good school. My biggest worry is that my son will feel like I have abandoned him. I love him (as every parent does) with my whole heart - he is my world and he's a good kid I just dont want him to change/feel unloved or not wanted because of this.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Whilst we're on the subject: I've recently been looking into sending my son to boarding school however realised that it is only for children of 8 years and over unless in 'special' circumstances??

Now until recently I was one of those people who were probably quite against boarding schools however of late have changed my mind, seeing some of the children who go to a local boarding school to my unit and also because of the change in my personal circumstances.

In the RAFs eyes I am a single parent (other half is not childs father he lives in the block 400 miles away) I am now being posted to a new unit. My trade and rank are currently going OOA every 18 months but as little as 12. That teamed with guard and courses have got me thinking that the best I can do for him is to get him into a good
school. My other half and I are not married and have no intention of changing that any time soon so if/when I go OOA we are not entitled to a FMQ where he is so my child wont be able to live with him and he now wont be able to stay with any family (as I dont really have any that have a lifestyle that could cope with a 6 year old)

Does anyone know if these are good enough reasons to apply for CEA and also does anyone have any good advice for looking for a good school. My biggest worry is that my son will feel like I have abandoned him. I love him (as every parent does) with my whole heart - he is my world and he's a good kid I just dont want him to change/feel unloved or not wanted because of this.
Sometimes family must come before career!

B

BiggerHammer

Quick update, if anybody is interested.

Had the chance to ask AMP Pers just what his thoughts were on the new way Manning are interpreting the CEA regs. He was concerned and has asked for the situation to be investigated.

I spoke with his Staff Officer yesterday and the RAF, Army and Navy are now looking again at how to interpret the CEA regs because as the AMP has said "We cannot be seen to be disadvantaging our people like this"

Stand by.....

Oberon305

Chairborne

Hey Bird

My wife and I had a massive guilt trip after sending our boy (at 9) to a boarding school, but it was the best thing for him. He sometimes has days where he is a bit upset and misses us, but until I'm posted, he's only 30 mins away so we can get him. Most weekends, he chooses to stay there rather than come home, as they do 'cool stuff'!

We're waiting on a decision from CEA now about sending our daughter to a school (at age 8) but I'm not overly hopeful that we'll get it in the current climate.

My best recommendation would be to visit prospective schools and choose one that is reasonably close to:

a. Your parents
b. Your son's Dad or his parents
c. Your current station

At such a young age, the choice might be quite limited, but I'd look for which one feels more homely than looking for academic stats, that can come later.

As a single mum I think you'd have a good case to get CEA funding, more so than a lot who currently get it.

Good luck mate and don't be worried about doing it, it's worth it in the long run, honestly. I guarantee that after a while you'll miss him more than he'll miss you!!!

:pDT_Xtremez_31:

mememe

Corporal
sorry to go off topic a bit however, can you tell me when this terms CEA will be paid into the bank? Thanks. I usually get it just before they go back, wee one has been back a week and no sign of payment.

Climebear

Flight Sergeant
sorry to go off topic a bit however, can you tell me when this terms CEA will be paid into the bank? Thanks. I usually get it just before they go back, wee one has been back a week and no sign of payment.

Mine was paid last month.

Oberon305

Chairborne

When did your claim go in? I had mine paid on the last pay run.

Woodja

Corporal
Depends when you submitted the claim (and when HR approved it). If you managed to get it all approved before 4th April, then it should have been paid last month. If, however, you missed that window, then you will have to wait until the end of this month.

mememe

Corporal
Thanks guys, been told it will be in next week. Grateful for your responses. Delayed due to HR lost last receipt and could not approve original claim.....

B

BiggerHammer

another quick update.

Put a formal complaint into the PACC, which suprise suprise PSF "tentatively agreed with":pDT_Xtremez_25:

Anyway, fingers crossed!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Apparently rationing is coming to an end as well.......