• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brueggen 2011. The E-Goat Road Trip.

Brueggen 2011. The E-Goat Road Trip.

• Definitely not, I'll suffocate if I go further than than 10 yards from home

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gemarriott

ta mate

ta mate

I owe TW a thank you.

I started looking at flights into LBH from Leeds today and they are less than a train to London from Doncaster.

Upshot is I got off my arse and booked for me and my Mrs to go to our old stamping grounds at the end of May for a long weekend. First time in over 30 years, I don't expect it's changed too much.

M

Mickwreay

Or for those who don't want to be armied to death there is always Kev Betts pub in Weeze, a trip round a decaying Laarbruch, coffee and cakes in the old Snecks mess and a night on the p1ss in Kev's with shopping in the Tref centre on the way home.

Seriously TW, sounds like a great idea for the Bruggenites and RAFG virgins

Kev's bar..........I remember one of his "closest" staff trying to rip my brother off many years ago!!! Wrong change for DM20 note. With full intent might I add!!!!!

Also seem to remember him in the BX at Rheindahlen, trying to buy duty free booze. So so glad I was two customers behind him & helped the lad on the till ensure he had his ID LMAO.

Seriously, RAF Brüggen was amazing & would love to look into this trip.

I'll watch with interest, but will give "the" bar a miss.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Bump bump!!!

Thanks to those who have PMd me.

At the moment, it looks like there are 5 solid Yes's. If we can get ten then it's a goer.

TW

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
July would be best for me as I would have to save some dosh. Too many feckers getting married between June and August. If we can get a roundabout date I will try my best.

Fairynuff31

Corporal
I have already PM'd Talk Wrench with a firm to very firm response to the plan to visit my old stomping ground in the summer.

Fact is we are planning on visiting Koblenz, RAF Cochem and other points south of the clutch area in general.

Currently researching accomodation... Klimp in Bruggen Village or the Lensen in Elpmt being fav's

Lets get this off the ground you old Cold War Warriors. There's Wobbly, Schnellys and Shoarmas beckoning!

fatalbert

SAC
Any update on the RAF Brueggen Road Trip? I need to book holidays over the Summer period, and likely dates would be good! ISTR that the Road Trip was mooted towards the end of August 2011, is that still the expected time?

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Any update on the RAF Brueggen Road Trip? I need to book holidays over the Summer period, and likely dates would be good! ISTR that the Road Trip was mooted towards the end of August 2011, is that still the expected time?

Hi,

Thanks for bumping this up a little.

I'm waiting on a reply for suitable weekends from the sponsor. I'll chase it up tomorrow.

Many apologies.

TW

Fairynuff31

Corporal
TW and other potential travellers

Regrettably I have to withdraw from the proposed trip to Brueggen in August.

I have to book my hols well in advance, and had pencilled in the Bank Holiday period in August. But, as I cannot be certain this trip is going ahead, I have had to let one of my blokes have the Aug BH slot in my stead.

If it goes ahead, Have a blast/Shoarma/Gallon if Wobbly for me. I will be with you in spirit if not body.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Hello All,

I haven't been able to progress this as anticipated although I'm hoping to restart the process with a new contact at Brueggen.

It will happen, but I don't know when. It won't be August but hopefully we can get this sorted for sometime in the late Autumn.

When I have more info I'll post it here and I'll PM the interested parties.

TW

Status
Not open for further replies.