• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Beers of 2023.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
St Greta will be pleased a beer that saves the planet. You can get absolutley trousered and be happy in the knowledge that despite being totally plastered you have saved a polar bear or a wombat, whatever.

Junter

LAC
St Greta will be pleased a beer that saves the planet. You can get absolutley trousered and be happy in the knowledge that despite being totally plastered you have saved a polar bear or a wombat, whatever.

Doesn't all the belching and farting that people do after a few beers count as greenhouse gasses?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Been quaffing this limited edtion beverage on the odd warm evenings so not much in July then. Very drinkable stuff in draught form can't comment on the bottled version.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Just had a couple of weeks supping Effes in Turkey. Not bad at £1.80-£2.80 a pint (venue dependent) but at 48C if you don’t quaff it sharpish it turns into warm piss in minutes.

I too frequent Bristol and have suffered the two thirds of a pint for £5.80 experience. Bristolians seem to accept this form of trendy robbery but not I. That said I had a glass of 8% ale in the left handed brewery which made my face numb. My go to standard drink at the moment is Madri. It gets the job done.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Just had a couple of weeks supping Effes in Turkey. Not bad at £1.80-£2.80 a pint (venue dependent) but at 48C if you don’t quaff it sharpish it turns into warm piss in minutes.

I too frequent Bristol and have suffered the two thirds of a pint for £5.80 experience. Bristolians seem to accept this form of trendy robbery but not I. That said I had a glass of 8% ale in the left handed brewery which made my face numb. My go to standard drink at the moment is Madri. It gets the job done.

You also had a decent delivery of some very nice ales yesterday 😎

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You also had a decent delivery of some very nice ales yesterday 😎
I did take delivery and thank you very much for it...but not tried yet. I'm trying to get back into my weekend binge drinking as opposed to grazing every day. I'll let you know what the ales are like after the weekend...what do you recommend using as a mixer with the moonshine you gifted me?

Cornish_Pikey

Sergeant
I did take delivery and thank you very much for it...but not tried yet. I'm trying to get back into my weekend binge drinking as opposed to grazing every day. I'll let you know what the ales are like after the weekend...what do you recommend using as a mixer with the moonshine you gifted me?
Meths usually makes a good mixer for moonshine!!

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
My go to standard drink at the moment is Madri. It gets the job done.

Mate! You realise it's is rebranded Carling? Stick a spaniard on the can/bottle to rob the the underclasses!

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
....what do you recommend using as a mixer with the moonshine you gifted me?

Moonstone with a splash of moonshine should do the trick. Don't drink more than half a bottle in one go though unless you fancy sunglasses and a white stick as accessories 😵

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Moonstone with a splash of moonshine should do the trick. Don't drink more than half a bottle in one go though unless you fancy sunglasses and a white stick as accessories 😵
Hold my beer…challenge accepted.

Vushtrri

Sergeant
Not 2023, but the best beer of 1978 used to be Marstons Merry Monk served in the Peterborough Arms, Dauntsey Bank Nr Lyneham on a Friday lunchtime..pure nectar..

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I happened across St Ives Brewery Slipway IPA and ‘Portu’ lager on Saturday…now there are a couple of beers you could get into a mess on…really good flavours.