• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Beers of 2023.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
There's plenty out there, but forget the standard commercial beer tap, any recommendations for the best beer of 2023?

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Depends on what sort of beer you like really. One of my favourites on a hot day would be 'Superbock' from Portugal. I quite like popping into Bristol for some craft beers as well although it gets expensive when you only get 2/3rds of a pint for roughly £5.....

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Depends on what sort of beer you like really. One of my favourites on a hot day would be 'Superbock' from Portugal. I quite like popping into Bristol for some craft beers as well although it gets expensive when you only get 2/3rds of a pint for roughly £5.....
How does that work?

fourteen2two

Corporal
In France at the moment, Leffe is good. They do a 9% one which I haven't tried! Leffe is available in UK. Grimbergen and Afligem good too.

Junter

LAC
In France at the moment, Leffe is good. They do a 9% one which I haven't tried! Leffe is available in UK.
Unfortunately the multinational brewing company that owns Leffe recently dropped the abv of Leffe Blond and changed the taste. I think eventually it'll just become another eurolager. You can still get the old Leffe in some places but it will soon all be replaced. Not sure if it's just the UK or everywhere.

Junter

LAC
Here in Cyprus a new brewpub has opened in Coral Bay near Paphos called Bar-L. I was there last Saturday with Mrs Junter who was duty driver as she doesn't drink alcoholic beverages. The bitter was great, the New England IPA, dark lager and lager were good. I'm not a big fan of wheat beer but their American wheat beer was tremendous. Our other brewpub, Aphrodite's Rock, recently closed down.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Aren’t these just a bit generic, there’s plenty of good ones out there, just get down to your local, local pub and you’ll be okay. I used to live in Bourne a few years back and the music and BEER festival was a great opportunity to sample some good ones.

Happy with brew dog Lost or Pauliner myself on most days lately.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Brewdog Hazy Jane is a cracking beer, perfect for those balmy Saturday afternoon summer sessions. Bit pricey though.
Got myself some Brewdog 'Mr President' for later, just waiting on my spermy sex pool, I mean Hot Tub, to warm up first.

Junter

LAC
If I have to drink non-craft local beer I much prefer the all malt Leon to the tourists' favourite, Keo. For enjoying a beer at home I tend to go for German beers like Hofbrau, Krombacher and Warsteiner. Just recently Bitburg has appeared in the shops which I really like but on the downside Lowenbrau and Paulaner Munchen Hell have disappeared.